IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

sky go problems

withnailandi

hi there, i recently downloaded advanced system care and im having some problems, everytime i go on to my sky go to watch programmes or movies online it says im logging on with a different computer, i spoke to sky about it and they seem to think that its definitely this thats causing the problem, they said everytime it deletes the cookies it makes it think its a new pc, if thats the case how do i stop it from deleting the sky / sky go cookies when it starts up or when i do quick care/deep care

im not sure if sky really are telling the truth, but before i complain to them any further id at least like to try this, your only allowed to log on to sky go with 2 different computers, the fact ive logged on there twice on THIS computer but its saying its two different computers , and now when i go to log on its locked me out as it saying "you are trying to log on with an unregistered device" or something along those lines

i know this is my first post but id be really greatfull if someone could englighten me as to what the problem is, or rather what the solution is, im locked out of watching sky online for a month, but in jan im wanting to stop it from deleting my cookies i need

thanks a lot in advanced

Did you look at the settings for the 'Privacy-sweep' utility,

in Both Quick and Deep Care sections,

to see if check-mark by 'Cookies' options have been removed?

You also may be able to add it to the 'Ignore list' in settings, if you don't want to disable All Scans of cookies.

Could it be your Security programs that are removing the Cookies?

Which Security programs are you using?

Do they list the cookies that are being deleted when they do a Scan?

I never use the Malware removal utility in ASC, so do not know if it does cookies now or not?

Could it be your Security programs that are removing the Cookies?

Which Security programs are you using?

Do they list the cookies that are being deleted when they do a Scan?

I never use the Malware removal utility in ASC, so do not know if it does cookies now or not?

im not sure what you mean, im on windows xp, i have asc, and i also use avast anti virus and peer block/peer guardian

hope that helps

Many Anti-virus programs, also remove Cookies.

I think Avast does?

Peer-block may only be a connection blocker, not a cookie checker, but it may be what is causing the problem with Sky?

So I thought maybe you should check to see if that was what was deleting the needed cookie or causing it to not connect.

There is also a utility in ASC called 'Full Malware Removal',

I'm not sure it removes cookies or not though?

You could remove ckeck-mark to disable it, to find out.

IE options

HI W,

control panel> internet options, a choice of 5, i have'nt used IE for ages,

but it might have something to do with security/privacy or content settings

suggest you also look at sky users forum see if any1 else has same prob.

roy

Hi withnailandi,

In thoery, Advanced SystmeCare won't sweep the cookies after you untick the item, please take a screen shot of settings and send it to us.:wink:

Guide for Taking Screenshots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Then, as scrd01 said, please check the setting of your browser , here is the guide to help you manage the setting of IE browser.:smile:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2033259_manage-cookies-internet.html

• 2 months later...

It IS Advanced System Care that is doing this. I was having problems also with Sky Go and as a test I re-registered my laptop after a month of getting the same "not registered device" message. On 1st March I re-registered the laptop as you can only register one device a month (thanks for making life difficult Sky). It has been working fine until 5 mins ago when I ran ASC v5.1. Now I'm getting the "not registered device" again. Its not set to remove cookies so there is something else in the privacy sweep section of the deep care which is causing this. I had a look but couldnt see anything obvious so whatever is being removed isnt obviously named "sky go" etc.

Its a shame as ASC is quite a good little program but along with Spyware Terminator I'll have to go back to rubbish old Windows Defender which doesnt seem to remove whatever Sky Go needs (but also doesnt remove a lot of other malware.

sky go

Hi All,

right just set up sky go on my pc,

and found the following,

cookies and super cookies (LSO's) are placed in

Adobe > Adblock plus > Better Privacy >and your browser,

( the only ones i use yours might be different)

and you need to install MS silverlight.

Therefor YOU MUST uncheck them ALL in the settings panel of ASC,

otherwise you will lose sky go

Also note

Adobe flash player settings > Do not clear history

Better Privacy > Protect skygo folders(2) and do not allow browser to clear them either

Roy

• 4 weeks later...

Help! Skygo /Silverlight problems

Hi Guys

This is my first visit, I was recommended Advance System care and as such downloaded the latest 5.2 version, It immediatley stopped my Skygo working even though I hadnt ran it at this stage , having read about the issues regarding Microsoft silverlight being a suspected issue (i had previously come across this with c cleaner)

The options suggest unticking the silverlight option which made sense only to find it isnt there on the latest version, I had to remove Advanced System care 5 and reinstall silverlight using my only Skygo life line

I now am afraid to try it again can anyone give me the settings which will protect silverlight from removing the Sky Go on Advanced System care 5.2 I would really like to try it and have been unable to find a conident solution

ps I am using Vista

Hi Alan G,

Sorry for the problem you encountered.

You said "downloaded the latest 5.2 version, It immediatley stopped my Skygo working", did you install Advance SystemCare after you download it?

Please describe the issue regarding Skygo won't work in detail. Also please take a screen shot of the issue and send it to us as attachment so that we can look into it.

Guide for Taking Screen Shots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...

Cicely, what happens is that it seems to remove whatever cookie/file Sky Go uses to keep Silverlight registered to your PC.

I have had this problem since using ASC Free but in 5.1 there was an option in the Privacy Sweep section to uncheck Silverlight. This option has gone in 5.2 so as stated once you run ASC your device becomes "unregistered" with Sky. This is a problem as you can only register ONE device a month so should you wish to use another device i.e an iPad, or iPhone you then cannot re-register your PC until the 1st of next month.

A terrible oversight on your part not to be able to uncheck Silverlight in the new version.

@scrd01...

Click on the DNT+ Icon,click on the blocked item you are referring to,then click 'Allow'...and you should be good on the page you are using currently. :smile:

-Cowboy

Hi All,

more info

DNT+ also blocks skygo as well.

Roy

• 1 month later...

skygo (silverlight)

skygo uses silverlight, asc used to have an option to untick silverlight in media settings under privacy sweep settings but they have removed it which caused me to stop using asc and move onto other software that has the silverlight option, ive just downloaded asc again and still they havent reintroduced the silverlight option tho i have notified them on their fb page numerous times with no cust service/help/care whatsoever.

Archived