IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 5.0.0 Pro Deep Care / Deep Registry Fix causes spontaneous restart

BCVolkert

ASC 5.0.0 Pro Deep Care / Deep Registry Fix causes spontaneous restart  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, I've been using ASC for a few years and have had a good experience. However, after upgrading to ASC 5 Pro, my system spontaneously restarts when I use Deep Care / Deep Registry Fix. I'm also using Avast virus protection. There are other things running too. (Please don't suggest that I turn everything off every time I'd like to use ASC because I think ASC should help me run my system and not the other way around.)

I think my system is relatively clean with respect to malware, viruses, etc. However, the Deep Registry Fix in Deep Care finds 700 problems more than Quick Clean. When the repair gets to ControlSet2 / Sysmonlog, the computer restarts. Repeating the process finds the same 700 problems and causes the restart again.

When I look at the details, all of the Damage Levels are indicated as being High. Interestingly, the Tip says "Damage Level indicates the possible harm done to your computer when you delete the registry keys ticked." For program designed to improve the performance, suggesting repairs that are likely to damage the system seems counter-intuitive, to say the least.

Many of the entries that are proposed for deletion seem to be related to Visual Studio, Microsoft.NET Framework, Microsoft ASP.NET, Microsoft Silverlight, my Xerox multifunction printer, Paperpot (scanner, OCR).

It seems to me that these items are fairly benign and proposing to delete them is just risky.

Does anyone have any insight as to why the system reboots and why these apparently benign entries are being proposed for deletion?

Hi BCVolkert,

Can you please renew your Computer Details in your Profile so anybody who would like to reply will know better about your configuation.

Fx, which ASC5 build you are using is also important about the behaviour of ASC5.

The most recent one is downloadable from Advanced SystemCare 5 is Updated (5.0.0.158). thread.

Version 5.1 of ASC will be released in the begining of the new year though!

Cheers.

I have voted and wish to add this note.

When I do a registry repair I always un tick the High risk items unless I know for sure the entry needs to be fixed.

Over cleaning of the registry is risky and the possible slight performance gain is offset by the risk involved!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Profile updated.

I'm using ASC 5.0.0.158, XP Pro, Avast, Windows Firewall, ASC 5.0.0.158 Pro on all machines, Dell 8400s and one Dell 4500, Smart Defrag, Norton Ghost, Mozy, Google Desktop, Microsoft Office, Visual Studio Express, Dropbox, yada, yada, yada.

Everything is legit, validated, and updated via Microsoft Update.

It seems reasonable to have some sort of switch to repair:

only low,

low and medium, or

low medium and high.

Archived