IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Internet Booster deletes Chrome preferences

Drokuz

Hello everybody. I lost all the saved Google Chrome preferences (along with all the extensions and their respective preferences too) and I have to download and configure all of them again. :-|

The cause of this was running Internet Booster. After optimizing, Chrome would say the preferences file is damaged, and all the extensions and themes are gone.

I confirmed this by setting a new random theme and running IB again, and effectively, the problem reappeared again.

More information:

ASC version: 5.0.0

Chrome version: 16.0.912.63

I tried using the Restore tool, but it didn't work. Also, I recovered preference files using Undelete but they couldn't restore my configuration despite all my attempts. The files I recovered were named like "Preferences~RF2fd61.TMP". I tried renaming them to preferences and preferences.bad, but to no avail.

I did this thread just to report this problem, but should anyone know if it is possible to restore this files please tell me.

By the way, off-topic: File shredder seems to be working horribly - not only it is much, much slower than other shredding programs, but sometimes I could recover up to 75% of the files in perfect conditions, and a few partially damaged. Even with the Gutmann method!

I hope you can fix this tools soon.

Hi Drokuz,

Sorry for the inconvenience, please use the Restore function in the Internet Booster to solve this issue.

Please see the attached picture.:smile:

Thanks, but I have already used it and it failed to restore the file.

Hi Drokuz,

Thanks for your feedback, please follow the steps below to solve this issue.

Please go to the %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default, rename the Preferences as Preferencesold and rename the Preferences.bk as Preferences, then delete the Preferences.bad.

Please feel free to contact us for any question.;-)

I think I have overwritten that files during my random tests, but never mind. I've already downloaded all the stuff again. Thanks for the help, and feel free to close the thread.

Hi Drokuz,

Thanks for your feedback, please follow the steps below to solve this issue.

Please go to the %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default, rename the Preferences as Preferencesold and rename the Preferences.bk as Preferences, then delete the Preferences.bad.

Please feel free to contact us for any question.;-)

Archived