IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

how to remove awc2 for a higher version?

carlos.1

Hi,

This is my first visit after using some time now awc 2 free edition.

When I try to remove the program,to install the latest awc, there are some problems with the extension uninst.dat. ,or something.

How can I remove it completely please? thanks in advance.

Ok Carlos

Which version are we talking about?

And are you saying that you can't uninstall it from the uninstall list in the control panel?

A re-install of the original Install program and a subsequent uninstallation of it might help.

Then if that works do a clean install of the new program, that is to say that after the uninstalling, you throw out the AWC folder, clean the registry with an appropriate program and then Install the new version,

Find the post Install- Uninstall- ReInstall and read that.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509

- remember to download the update file before running a repair

THEN be sure to check ALL DETAILS before running a repair.

If you can't uninstall, perhaps you can go back to a time were this problem hadn't come up and do a Windows System restore to restore the computer to that date, and then follow the correct procedure to uninstall- clean and Reinstall the new version.

Cheers

solbjerg

thx but did try all that but the new version doesn't install because the older one doesn't want to go away lol

Anyway would be happy to know how to uninstall completely awc to install the later version(s).

Archived