IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please help! "utility partition not found" after deep scan

Tierackk

Hi,

I'm hoping I can get some help. I had used ASC on previous machines and os with great success, however this time I think things may have gotten messed up. I decided to install ASC tonight and I ran deep scan on my machine. The scan came up with various errors, on most fronts. I repaired them all(sigh, even the high risk ones) and it continued to repair. It found that I needed windows updates so I figured, might as well. As it started the windows update portion, I got the blue screen and the computer restarted. Now the Alienware boot logo comes up and then it goes to a black screen saying "Utility partition not found; press any key to boot operation system.". Well i can insert the dell windows 7 disk and it will run it wanting to do a fresh install only. Another by product of this is the the USB ports on the back of the system no longer work. Any chance I can repair this without having to reformat.

Hi Melvin, thanks for you help.

Well that's the problem, I can't get into windows. There is no "repair option". In the Windows's installation disk from dell. It only wants to start a new install. I tried another windows disk from my wife's windows 7 machine. This one does have the repair option, but does not see an os installed. I'm thinking maybe if I make a system recover disk from her computer and try it in my comp it might do something. I think I'm screwed:cry:

Did you try forcing it into safe mode?

Reboot and continuously repeatedly press the f8 key to force into safe mode.

Then goto restore function???

I do not have Win7 and only reflect on Vista behaviors when utilizing the f8 key in this way.

Good theory/hypothesis "I'm thinking maybe if I make a system recover disk from her computer and try it in my comp it might do something."

I will be most interested in this result!!!

-Mel

Thanks Melvin,

I did try this with no avail. It feels like the os is just gone. The only "pre boot" options I have is the bios setup. It goes from the hardware bootup(Alienware logo with status bar) to the utility partion error. Unfortunately F8 does nothing. It's killing me that there is a restore point right before I ran the scan, but I can't get to it. Any other way to load up that point without getting to windows?

There would be... woulda, shoulda, coulda. Macrium Reflect free: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

If you have a stand alone hard drive then a Macrium image would have saved the day!

It looks like you will have to re-format... but others may post with ideas!:grin:

-Mel

Once again, the Deep Scan registry repair function of ASC damages machines by default!

My bad Tierackk! I am clueless and unable to answer your last post. My hope is that others here will help you! Please be patient to see before you re-format!!!

I have never played with a Dell but I have read that their Bios does not have some capabilities that most PCs do.

If you can Not boot from a DVD and then do a Repair,

then I don't know how you will be able to fix it, wothout a fresh Install of Windows. :cry:

I Do Not think you will need to Re-Format though, just Re-Install Windows system,

if it will boot from Windows DVD.

I think the Dell Bios allows a 'boot from DVD' but it may need to be activated in Bios.

Asc should repair pc not destroy it :!:

I dont understand why are you making program which is not safe to use ?

Then by " iobit" all people who are buying this should know everything about computers i mean then why dont you post in Iobit site , in asc " Warning you need to be familiar with computers , this is not safe to use , you need to check all items before repairing "

I check those but i dont understand all that registry s**t so i repair everything cuz i trust iobit...

But when i saw this i dont know ..........

ASC Destroyed OS ? wtf ?:?

I would like to point out that from Cnet alone there have been 74,172,428 downloads of ASC up to this point! Just last week there were 318,984. Advanced Systemcare has earned Cnets #1 in Diagnostic Software! This is just Cnet... not to mention MajorGeeks or the others! I believe the total number of downloads is in the area of a quarter of a billion total (@ Solbjerg... US billions that is :mrgreen:)

Out of all these Millions and Millions of downloads if you look at the number of issues posted here, it would seem most users don't have significant problems. The percentage is certainly very small. Most often issues that are posted here are resolved or at least the user knows where else to go for a solution! (of course we don't know what quantity of Iobit related issues are resolved by Iobit support or on other forums) There are always some problems with some users, no matter what software due to the virtually unlimited combinations of hardwares and softwares in the world!:smile:

I agree with Lyon in the way that ASC runs by default, certain functions should be marked with more appropriate warning and explanation. I definitely think the high risk items in the registry repair function should be unchecked after scan before repair so that the user assumes responsibility for any damage done to their system.:shock:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Bsod

Might be usefull???

Just sorted my grandsons BSOD,

His alienware was Toshiba, dont you love the way they "hack" the BIOS to suit thier aftersales market!!!.

F8 is not the only support key, F10 and F12 try 1 of these.

BUT BE AWARE, it will reset to factory defaults, no private data lost.

took me 2 mins to reset, but 5+ hours for all of the windows updates.

Roy

Archived