IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

the Toolbox has caused a problem for me

wamdue

Downloaded the Toolbox as an update to Smart Defrag, ran a deep scan, deleted some start up things etc, figured I might as well give the computer a once over.

However this has caused some problems for me.

First of all, it infected my Firefox with Yahoo stuff, ok I know how that happened, and I have mostly fixed it.

Second and by far the most concerning is that now when stuff appears in the taskbar, it does so like its one of 20 things on it, so small size rather than full size.

Any idea how I might fix that?

I have now deleted all the Toolbox software.

ok ive found the taskbar answer on the forum, still a very annoying thing to have happen.

As for the first problem, I should know better than to let anything install a Yahoo tool bar.

sorry for any confusion, but I would like help switching the (firefox) address bar from Yahoo to google, ive tried a few things, but they dont allow you to search like you should be able to.

I believe this was a series of posts concerning the Yahoo toolbar that is delivered by default unless un-selected. I post to associate this thread with forum searches including the term Yahoo toolbar.

I do not think it was the to-ol box, nor anything to do with a task+bar (Had to put the hyphen in to-ol box and + in task bar to prevent false searches)

-Mel

Hi wamdue

Have you chosen your preferred seach engine in Internet Settings in the control panel?

Cheers

solbjerg

ok ive found the taskbar answer on the forum, still a very annoying thing to have happen.

As for the first problem, I should know better than to let anything install a Yahoo tool bar.

sorry for any confusion, but I would like help switching the (firefox) address bar from Yahoo to google, ive tried a few things, but they dont allow you to search like you should be able to.

change search engine Firefox

Hi All,

just before the address bar in FF is a small downward arrow, left click on this and you can change the search engine.

Other options include deletion/reset, auto compete URL,

NB if in ASC browser optimise you have seleted OFF then next time you run optimiser it will change it.

these changes are then incorporated into your mozilla (FF) profile, outside of your IE settings.

Roy

Archived