IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Alternative cleaners?

Ted

Hi All,

Just interested to know what other cleaners are popular among ASC5 Users. I was using the free version of ASC5, but have now stopped using it until the ASC Tray problem is resolved.

I usually run CCleaner, Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, Auslogics Registry Cleaner, Vit Registry Fix, Wise Registry Cleaner and TFC. These tools finds heaps of errors even after ASC5 has done its job, but it was the same when I was using ASC PRO.

Hi there, Mel,

All the best for the coming year to you too.

Yes, I reckon my system is pretty clean, although it can be time consuming. I have friends who have never used a cleaner of any sort and yet they don't seem to get problems. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too paranoid about cleaning.

ted

i have CCleaner & Enhancer, Eusing Free Registry Cleaner[but not used for ages], WinASO OPTIMISER [only use the reg defrag option as not keen on the iobit reg defrag]. was using jkdefrag but recently changed back to iobit smartdefrag.

As for Wise used when first came out had loads of problems with it. over the years tried dozens of these programs many were faulty on cleaning.

main utility is ASC5

Hi there, sunny,

Even though I believe I have all its settings configured correctly ASC5 keeps writing an entry into msconfig to start at bootup. Try unchecking that box and see if yours rechecks itself.

Hi there, sunny,

Even though I believe I have all its settings configured correctly ASC5 keeps writing an entry into msconfig to start at bootup. Try unchecking that box and see if yours rechecks itself.

I have always made sure the 'Load at Boot-up' option was Disabled, after installs or before updates/upgrades, with No problems.

The problem may that the 'Boot-up Auto-load' was still activated in a previous version, before removal of old version,

and was Not deactivated before upgrading to new version,

therefore the old entry is still in Registry, also,

which causes it to activate every time.

ASC's Registry cleaner 'Should' find and Fix that ???

I remember this or something similar happening to someone else, several months ago,

when another version upgrade was released.

Hi, Toppack,

I have always made sure the 'Load at Boot-up' option was Disabled, after installs or before upgrades, with No problems.
Yes, that's the first thing I do. Have you checked your msconfig StartUp to see if ASC5 Tray is checked?

Hi, Toppack,

Hey, that's interesting. There was someone else recently with the same problem. Maybe I do have something wrong, somewhere. Can't see your attachment, though.

It just came through now.

Cheers,

Ted

-------------

Archived