IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

V2 Personal causing errors

drbell26

After running V2 Personal, all the icons and my start bar disappear then come back a few seconds later, every 5 seconds or so. I tried running a rollback but it didn't fix it. I tried a restore and it said"no changes made since last restore". Anyone have an idea what was changed? And how do I repair it?

Hi drbell

Try right clicking on My Computer, choose Properties, then choose Advanced, then choose performance and there Settings and then choose "Let Windows choose the best settings for your computer"

See if that helps!

AND next time you run an AWC repair please go into Details (especially in System Analyze) and configure them BEFORE running the repair.

Please send feedback.

Cheers

solbjerg

After running V2 Personal, all the icons and my start bar disappear then come back a few seconds later, every 5 seconds or so. I tried running a rollback but it didn't fix it. I tried a restore and it said"no changes made since last restore". Anyone have an idea what was changed? And how do I repair it?

Hi drbell

Try right clicking on My Computer, choose Properties, then choose Advanced, then choose performance and there Settings and then choose "Let Windows choose the best settings for your computer"

solbjerg

Thanks Solbjerg, I saw you post this fix in another forum post, so I tried it before posting here. It didn't seem to help. It's weird, it's like the desktop and any unopened program keeps freshing every few seconds

Kinda not loving the whole V2 experience

I forgot to mention if it helps. I'm running XP. Lately the desktop locks up and all icons and start bar are gone. Since my Explorer was already open I still have it open.

Hi drbell

What programs do you have running automatic?

SmartDefrag in automatic mode perhaps?

Did you configure the details before running the repair?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks Solbjerg, I saw you post this fix in another forum post, so I tried it before posting here. It didn't seem to help. It's weird, it's like the desktop and any unopened program keeps freshing every few seconds

Hi drbell

In that case try a Windows restore system to a restore point before this happened.

Cheers

solbjerg

I forgot to mention if it helps. I'm running XP. Lately the desktop locks up and all icons and start bar are gone. Since my Explorer was already open I still have it open.

I looked at doing a restore but I didn't have any this month!. What should configure the details? To what? I have also tried going into msconfig and shutting down all startup applications, with no luck. I can't find what program is causing the error or what would have been changed to cause the mess up.

Thanks again for being the only person helping out.

Hi drbell

If you mean you do not have any in August, then it is not especially strange :-) we have only just entered that month!

If you mean you do not have a single one i July, then I would suppose that you seldomly open your computer.

Try going into July and find a date 30th fx. if that is before this happened and try that.

My best bet is that you have run a repair without configuring the details in System Optimize. That optimizing tries to make your computer run using as few resources as possible if you do not configure them and that can lead to missing a lot of things that one is used to.

Cheers

solbjerg

I looked at doing a restore but I didn't have any this month!. What should configure the details? To what? I have also tried going into msconfig and shutting down all startup applications, with no luck. I can't find what program is causing the error or what would have been changed to cause the mess up.

Thanks again for being the only person helping out.

Hi again drbell

In the details of that window, check if almost all of the settings is clicked on when you choose "let windows choose the best settings for your computer" if they are not, then click them on and try again.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi drbell

I just remembered that small glitches sometimes are repaired by right clicking the desktop/properties/ view (tag #4) and refreshing the choice Windows XP

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi again drbell

In the details of that window, check if almost all of the settings is clicked on when you choose "let windows choose the best settings for your computer" if they are not, then click them on and try again.

Cheers

solbjerg

right clicking the desktop/properties/ view (tag #4) and refreshing the choice Windows XP

Tried it. I also tried deleting and reinstalling my video driver. And the problem with my sysyem restore is that All restore points have been erased. I didn't do it it so I assumed V2 ersaded them when it removed junk files. I guess a fresh load set is in order. I guess I'll get my faster system back now. Thanks again

Ok drbell

When you are talking about Restore point, I guess you mean in AWC Restore center. They are not usually cleaned out there, - that would really defeat the purpose, as standard I think they save the last 20 restore points.

But I was mostly talking about using Windows own System Restore function. Have you tried that?

Or have you fixed your problem another way?

Cheers

solbjerg

right clicking the desktop/properties/ view (tag #4) and refreshing the choice Windows XP

Tried it. I also tried deleting and reinstalling my video driver. And the problem with my sysyem restore is that All restore points have been erased. I didn't do it it so I assumed V2 ersaded them when it removed junk files. I guess a fresh load set is in order. I guess I'll get my faster system back now. Thanks again

When I used the AWC restore, it failed to fix the problem. It did manage to allow my computer to return to former slow running state!

And It is the Windows system restore that had all it's dates cleared out. I have another PC so, reloading isn't a in a big hurry. I just don't want to move all important files back and forth and reload.

Hi drbell

Odd about Windows System restore, never heard that before!!

If you find the culprit please let us know!

Cheers

solbjerg

When I used the AWC restore, it failed to fix the problem. It did manage to allow my computer to return to former slow running state!

And It is the Windows system restore that had all it's dates cleared out. I have another PC so, reloading isn't a in a big hurry. I just don't want to move all important files back and forth and reload.

Archived