IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Skin pain and troubles

osmo67

I am completly stumped by the process for adding new skins for version 5. There must be a simpler method of importing new skins. I think version 4 was easier as I was able to follow the steps and import the new skins that some other user created, and I just keep repeating the processes; although I must be doing everything incorrectly since my skins that I downloaded from this forum are not showing up:cry:

Hi osmo67!

Welcome here!

The difficulty applying skins in ASC5 you're having, is most unfortunate!:sad: I understand the need to vent... but we cannot help to solve unless you elaborate!!!:-D

Exactly what difficulty are you having??

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Process image ?

Good evening! :roll:

Like what, I'm not alone in finding that the new program ASC5 is not as convenient as the previous one, too bad you did not put in place a process image so that everyone can understand regardless of its original language ...

@ + Kacaouet...

• 2 weeks later...

:shock:

I am completly stumped by the process for adding new skins for version 5. There must be a simpler method of importing new skins. I think version 4 was easier as I was able to follow the steps and import the new skins that some other user created, and I just keep repeating the processes; although I must be doing everything incorrectly since my skins that I downloaded from this forum are not showing up:cry:

I AGREE COMPLETELY THIS APPLYING SKINS DO NOT WORK

I am in agreement as well. I copied the .rcc files to the skin directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\skin) and restarted the ASC.exe program. The new skins do not appear in the list of skins available.

As an FYI, there are 10 .rcc files in the skins directory, but only 5 appear in the skins list as available to use. I have not restarted Windows (7 Home Premium) yet, it take too long, and I hate that "feature" in Windows 95, so why re-introduced in newer versions. (this is not a question to be answered!)

-Mark L.

Hi lopicma

I do not know much about it because I do not use the option, but have you tried closing the program and start it again before checking if you new skin is shown? Or perhaps just deselect the boost function in ASC and restart the program before checking?

How long does a restart of your computer take?

Do you have very many startup programs selected?

Cheers

solbjerg

I am in agreement as well. I copied the .rcc files to the skin directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5\skin) and restarted the ASC.exe program. The new skins do not appear in the list of skins available.

As an FYI, there are 10 .rcc files in the skins directory, but only 5 appear in the skins list as available to use. I have not restarted Windows (7 Home Premium) yet, it take too long, and I hate that "feature" in Windows 95, so why re-introduced in newer versions. (this is not a question to be answered!)

-Mark L.

Hi guys,

Extra skins made by users can not be used if you don't use IObit Skin Tool software.

So, adding .rcc files is not the way to use a new skin.

Also, it should be noted that the skins made for ASC5 dos not fit (not same) to ASC 5.1. For that reason, the afore mentioned skin tool is updated.

Please see THIS post and the links there for information how to create and apply a new skin.

Cheers.

Archived