IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I wonder?

Mr Bean

hi all well its 2012 !

and wonder what it brings...cant be leave where its all gone---and with a rush

seems to fly ... any how lets hope its a bit better this year ? been a rugged 10 years gone by for many...and getting harder ..I will soon hit the 70 mark and that be fast the way its flying onwards.

been very lucky so far and live.Beat the reaper 4 times since.the last 6 weeks has been very close indeed... tho he is pushing hard..! I try to Keep him at bay....BUT Should I

suddenly stop posting well he beat me at last...

any how all the best to every one and live it well

Mr Bean..

Time sure does seem to go by quicker these days for me as well :shock:

When I read your posts here Mr Bean I am pleased to see you are not standing still and just waiting, you continue to search for new things and seek to understand them. A while back you started to experiment with Linux and it is obvious from your posts that it has become an interesting and stimulating experience for you.

This is inspirational to me :smile:

This wonderful experience we call life is filled with ups and downs but I think that adds to the wonder of it all.

Grandma in the film Parenthood says it well.

You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.

Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!

I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.

All the best, woz

Very well Put Woz!

Perhaps the time perception thing is this...

When we are born we do not know what a day is (much less anything else) so our first day in light is astounding and overwhelming!

Then on our second day, everything is still overwhelming because the second day is half of our life...

((Each day continues...and we learn, our brain develops associations (subroutines) and we continue to develop)

Then one day we are two years old... at that point one day is 1/730th of our life, so it seems shorter.

I now switch to years... When we are 10, one year is one tenth of our life, one day is 1/3650th of our life. So a day seems still a relatively long time, but shorter than when we were two.

When we are twenty one year = 1/20th

When 40 = 1/40th

When 60 = 1/60th

Etc. as this is logarithmic due to our total experience and amassing of knowledge and learning of subroutines (incorporating and knowing more things).

When a person turns 100 years old, one year is only 1/100th of their life and one day is only 1/36,500th and seems to fly by!!

So it is in only in our individual perception and awareness that this occurs! But we all experience it!

It says much for the wisdom of the Elderly!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi woz

Shrinking we do - but if we keep active it doesn't matter much.

If we experience novel things often I suspect that our sense of elapsed time will fill more in our recollections. (psycological time)

I have noticed though that my reaction time has become longer - two or three times as long as when I was younger. (by now a little less than a third of a second)

If the nerves are shrinking too - the reaction time ought to be faster, right? :-) Or does the electrical pulses go slower through the nerves with age?

Cheers

solbjerg

Time sure does seem to go by quicker these days for me as well :shock:

When I read your posts here Mr Bean I am pleased to see you are not standing still and just waiting, you continue to search for new things and seek to understand them. A while back you started to experiment with Linux and it is obvious from your posts that it has become an interesting and stimulating experience for you.

This is inspirational to me :smile:

This wonderful experience we call life is filled with ups and downs but I think that adds to the wonder of it all.

Grandma in the film Parenthood says it well.

All the best, woz

hi all

very nice posts and thank you

the problem is not the ageing that's nether there or there but the pain

the parts start going wobbly and each day get harder to live with....

when one is a young person every thing is invincible, nothing seems to hurt that bad if there is most times we over come it Quickly,many here and in the world start to do it hard when the majority get to about the 65 mark not the age itself the sudden slowing of parts and buck up ,as some have already experienced the ticker the big problem.caused by many things.when that starts to play around Let Me tell you its something else!

Boy Do you Get the Ultimate Rush!!!

it sure gets the senses confused...

I most time just break out and laugh Though its not funny ...

let me tell you what I mean (this is True)

Sitting on the computer about 5 Am one day a sudden pain shot up in my arms -like fire and someone belting the clappers out of me.. the mind went into a stupid mode of confusion,I had NO idea I was Having A hart attack.

so what I do ? Grab the deep Heat ,and rub it all over my arms .standing in the middle of the lounge And sweating like a shower turned on..about 5 mints later it stopped most of it gone.Sat down back on the computer

Thinking What Was That! and saying aloud

Gee cant beat that deep heat!

2 hours later woke up in hospital

now laying on the bed thy gave me some toast and tea, and talking to my dear one who was there by my side .grabbing the toast went to take a bite

Pass OUT !

just like that.boom ,come around look at a nurse attending me ,say to her

Let me tell you Dear,don't eat the Toast thy give around Here- Boy it Knocks One out!

Later on

then complain to my dear one about the Toast You See its the grey matter confused and not working right. when something like it happens.....

Now let me tell you its funny being old No really !

ya, sit on a chair see, in front of ones CP then find the need to Piddle

Let Me tell You YOU DO not get Much TIME here!!

At our Age Any how...

Now normal one gets up Right?

NOooop--- the legs do not answer I requestion them stand !

lean forwards and Nothing!

then find myself talking to them ,like having to tell them Up .

Its The Confusion of the grey matter it seem to forget now and then!

now sitting on the floor a simple task right...yes EASY--now get up

The legs just do not answer then find one self talking to them

On all 4rs to the Lounge Chair

ITS bloody Funny

And I Sit there Laughing,,,

Mr Bean

Age is like the newest version of a software - it has a bunch of great new features but you lost all the cool features the original version had. ~Carrie Latet.

Keep strong and keep laughing my friend, and we will look forward to many more of your comments and insights.

Best regards,

A.T.

Archived