IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Somebody is using your gamebooster logo

a couple of days ago, i browsed my blackberry app world to find a software suitable for boosting my blackberry. I found this 'memory booster pro 2.0' by a company called AFBB. when i ran the application, i noticed the logo of your gamebooster that i previously installed in my other laptop before I reformat it. here is a proof, I captured the screen of my BB.

Hi steve0000! Welcome to Iobit Forum!!

Thank you for your notification!

Many portable app developers "borrow" or "steal" bits and pieces of other softwares to incorporate into their app. Sometimes they even butcher a program removing scan engines, etc. to put into their software. This is usually done without permission. I have seen entire Iobit products that have been modified and trimmed down into portable apps!! Whether Iobit has given permission for all of them I do not know, but doubt it!

This particular app seems to perform a similar task as Iobit's Smart Ram, but for mobile devices.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

.....I have seen entire Iobit products that have been modified and trimmed down into portable apps!! Whether Iobit has given permission for all of them I do not know, but doubt it!....

Any portable versions of IObit software that has been approved by IObit should have a statement like the following from PortableApps.com. If they do not come with such a statement then they are probably hacks and should be avoided.

Smart Defrag is a trademark of IOBit and is packaged for portable use with permission

The portable IObit software at PortableApps.com are packaged with the permission of IObit.

However, if there are any questions or any help is needed with these portable apps the user will need to contact PortableApps directly because there have been changes made so they are not the same software that we discuss at this forum.

IObit Uninstaller and IObit Toolbox are already portable so I don't see why anyone would want to use some other version, maybe it's so they can be used with the PortableApps launcher.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived