IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

old republic wont work with booster

im new with using the game booster and i can run starwars but just barely keeping 15 fps. so i get game booster. i use it with old republic and i log in and the screen just goes aways and it say returning to normal mode or something along those lines. and the game just never starts up. did i miss a step somwhere?

Hi Rickyros! Welcome to Iobit forum

These are the minimum system requirements for The Old Republic:

Minimum Specs

Operating System

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic ™ can be played on Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.

Computer

Your computer should have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, and an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better.

RAM

Your computer's RAM should be as follows: for Windows XP: 1.5GB, and for Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB. For PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended.

Video

Your computer's graphics card should be ATI X1800 or better, nVidia 7800 or better, or Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better.

NOTE: Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

DVD-ROM

Ensure that your DVD-ROM is 8X or better.

As you did not fully describe your system in your profile, I suggest you start there... make sure your system can handle it!!

If you don't know what your system is... then you can use Piriform Speccy to find out! It is free and published by a respected programmer. It is here:http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Get the free version from the left side.

Then check to see if your system meets the requirements!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 3 weeks later...

Rickyros,

Here is the workaround so u can use GB with SWTOR.

-Have Game Booster completely shutoff to where you cannot view the GB icon in your taskbar.

-Start Star Wars: The Old Republic as usually do (launcher.exe , enter info, play)

-game loads and you see your character

-Alt+Tab to the Windows desktop

-Start GB or Turn on Booster

-Now Alt+Tab back into SWTOR and Walla!

To see the significant difference... Download Fraps!

• 3 weeks later...
Rickyros,

Here is the workaround so u can use GB with SWTOR.

-Have Game Booster completely shutoff to where you cannot view the GB icon in your taskbar.

-Start Star Wars: The Old Republic as usually do (launcher.exe , enter info, play)

-game loads and you see your character

-Alt+Tab to the Windows desktop

-Start GB or Turn on Booster

-Now Alt+Tab back into SWTOR and Walla!

To see the significant difference... Download Fraps!

You don't need to do all that to make it work if you use the regular boost mode and remember that the game needs the DNS Service for server selection purpose.

Archived