IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GB 3.1 is disabling DVD/CD drive [FIXED]

Hi;

Been using GB since 2 Beta, and have my first issue since I am now using my CD drive to play Obilivion GOTY. I think its a setting problem, with GB 3.1 in Game Mode, I finish playing Obilivion, everything is fine. I then turn GB back to Normal Mode, my CD drive is disabled from my computer right after Normal Mode is done. Then to fix it I go into my Device Manager ad re-enable my CD drive to "reset" the same problem for a work around.

Thought it was my CD drive, so I started doing troubleshooting (drivers updated, removed driver, removed CD drive device, re-installed it). Luckily I noticed what was happening a few days ago!

Thanks in advance, GB has been a great product giving my a 40% increase that I use everytime I play a game!

Ahhh. the update checker in 3.1 is not working (checked that earlier today)

Installed 3.2 no changes. CD drive still dropping after returning to Normal Mode. Do difference if GB stays on in Normal mode or I do the normal mode and exit option.

Tried then reinstalling from a fresh verison of GB. (making sure I didn't adjust settings) same problem.

Hi!;

Wasn't able to get the link to work used this one (http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220) and followed the instructions. Uninstalled ASC 5, GB 3.2, and Malware too. Used CC cleaner for a reg cleaner. reinstalled GB 3.2. didn't load other two. Still same error.

Clarification for my Normal mode/normal mode and exit after I have my game, CD drive, and and GB running....

Normal mode=finish game. Right click on GB in sys tray , "Back to Normal Mode". CD drives drops about at ~90% of process bar, where it pauses for a sec. GB is still in sys tray.

Normal mode and exit= finish/close game. Right click on GB in sys tray , "Back to Normal Mode and Exit". CD drives drops about at ~90% of process, where it pauses for a sec. GB is closed clompletely.

Also checked just starting/stopping GB (including sys tray) without going into Game Mode, keeps my CD drive enabled.

If it helps not using gamebox. thanks for the quick replies!

Hi midamotr1,

Sorry for the inconvenience.:oops:

Please help us look into the issue.

When GB reverts to Normal Mode, please find Gamebooster.log and Boost.log under GB's installation directory and send them to us.

Path: C:\Program Files\IObit\Game Booster 3 or C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Game Booster 3

Thank you very much.

Hi;

No prob! I was very surprised to see the cause and effect. I would of never guessed it in a million years until I noticed it when I was in my troubleshooting process. It did take a few days because I had a work around.

As requested the CD drive was active in my computer and GB 3.2 was on. Tried to close and open GB with going game mode with no effect. So with GB on I activated Gaming Mode. Then I right clicked on the GB icon in the sys tray and reverted to Normal Mode. same weird delay and I lost my CD drive. GB is active right now in Normal mode. Included the two files, changed them to .txt to allow them to be uploaded.

GameBooster.txt

Boost.txt

Hi midamotr1,

Our engineers have looked into the logs. Please kindly help do a test.

Open GB>>Configure>>Processes>>uncheck BatteryLife.exe>>click Apply.

P.S. The BatteryLife.exe is a power save program of Asus computer, please check the settings of the program.

If the above method fails, please try the way below.

Open GB>>Configure>>Processes>>uncheck SynTPHelper.exe>>click Apply.

Also uncheck Power Schemes under Others>>click Apply.

Thanks again for your help.:smile:

Alright its fixed!:grin:

nothing to do with SynTPHelper.exe. (SR for short)

Between Battery Life.exe (now called BL for short) and power schemes (now called PS for short; also I only had "Enable game power solutions" under Others, so I gambled ;-) ) that was my solution.

First removed SR (no change). Then BL (no change). Then PS (Finally!) played around with a combo of all three and between BL and PS there was a negative relationship for my CD. Finally decided to remove BL completely. SO right now I am running with SR and PS with no issues.

Thanks for the help!

Hi midamotr1,

Our engineers have looked into the logs. Please kindly help do a test.

Open GB>>Configure>>Processes>>uncheck BatteryLife.exe>>click Apply.

P.S. The BatteryLife.exe is a power save program of Asus computer, please check the settings of the program.

If the above method fails, please try the way below.

Open GB>>Configure>>Processes>>uncheck SynTPHelper.exe>>click Apply.

Also uncheck Power Schemes under Others>>click Apply.

Thanks again for your help.:smile:

Hi Cicely;

Good to go! Problem solved as mentioned below. Bottom line was between the batterylife.exe/ the power schemes and the relationships between them was the problem. I unistalled battery life and the power schemes and the SynTPHelper.exe are running fine!

Thanks again!

Archived