IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Outlook Express Problem

wsdave

Hi wsdave!

I see Solbjerg!:-D Here are guidelines concerning the clean install of Iobit products! Of particular importance is the deletion of the program file after the uninstall!

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220

And

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=42228&postcount=10

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Yes - I have tried clean installs

Thanks for the replies Solberg & Melvin_Deal.

Yes - clean installs have been attempted on numerous occations.

I Uninstalled version 4 using the uninstall option. Then then ran BitRemover and finished by removing all folders of previous version IE: version 4, 3 & 2.

I then reboot my computer prior to running the installation file 5.1.0.196.

I have run installation both accepting and declining toolbar/Yahoo. Same results.

I have tried overriding the color settings under Internet Options>General>Colors to no avail.

I have been at this for quite awhile but since I do have an imaging program it isn't difficult to return system to "normal".

I have sent logs and screen shots to support HOPING they can see what the installation program is doing or if there is some neferrious setting that I should look at. I agree that the installation program "shouldn't affect Internet Explorer - but it does. The last correspondence I receive was to inform them when I have resolved the problem :roll:

Thanks for all the help :grin:

Hi Melvin

True - but you also need to check if you have any leftovers in Document&Settings usually/often in user name/ application data

In my opinion these checks in both places for leftovers should be carried out regardless of having run an uninstall program or not.

Cheers

solbjerg

I see Solbjerg!:-D Here are guidelines concerning the clean install of Iobit products! Of particular importance is the deletion of the program file after the uninstall!

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220

And

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=42228&postcount=10

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

No Joy

Checked Documents & Settings.

I did find IObit folders under several subcatagories of Documents & Settings IE: All Users, Dave & Default User.

Removed all folders.

Once I rebooted after the install I got the same results :-(

Maybe something with my NVIDIA video settings? Maybe I will have to spend Saturday drilling into the registry to see if there is fragments?

I'm grasping for anything right now.

Maybe I should start a new thread seeing the original Outlook Express "problem" disappeared.

Thanks for all the help! I really do appreciate it.

Dave

Hi Dave

Too bad!!

I also have OE6 on my computer from previously.

I haven't used it much since I use MSOutlook for better compatibility with the Office programs. The last 6 months I have been unable to open OE - it says that my msoe.dll cannot initialize.

Perhaps my problem stems from very little use of the program and then also perhaps from security updates?

I does not matter much, since I almost never use it but if you have a msoe.dll that works I could try to fix it with that if you would kindly zip the file and attach it here. I have always liked the OE program.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I found the file on the internet - downloaded it and tried - it didn.t work - so forget the zip fil.

Thanks all the same :-)

Checked Documents & Settings.

I did find IObit folders under several subcatagories of Documents & Settings IE: All Users, Dave & Default User.

Removed all folders.

Once I rebooted after the install I got the same results :-(

Maybe something with my NVIDIA video settings? Maybe I will have to spend Saturday drilling into the registry to see if there is fragments?

I'm grasping for anything right now.

Maybe I should start a new thread seeing the original Outlook Express "problem" disappeared.

Thanks for all the help! I really do appreciate it.

Dave

Archived