IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC GUI too small to read or use

antiphony

Since the last update of AC Pro, the results of the scheduled scan appear as a tiny partial screen (shows the top left corner only) and I am unable to examine the results or act on them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, without resolving the issue. When I start AWC from the start menu, the same problem occurs

Running Vista SP1.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi antiphony

When you UnInstall, do you then do a cleanup before Installing, - do you Delete the AWC folder? Clean up the registry?

Remember to configure your details when you run AWC before you execute the cleaning.

Cheers

solbjerg

Since the last update of AC Pro, the results of the scheduled scan appear as a tiny partial screen (shows the top left corner only) and I am unable to examine the results or act on them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, without resolving the issue. When I start AWC from the start menu, the same problem occurs

Running Vista SP1.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

AWC GUI problem

Thank you for excellent advice. I have waited a few days to reply to assess whether your solution worked, and it seems to have done so. In the past, uninstallation without the extra steps then a reinstall has allowed AWC to behave properly only once or twice.

I am most grateful.

Hi antiphony

Nice to know, thanks!

So this time you remembered to configure the details :-)

It is often easier to make a clean install, than to find the faulty settings among the files in the AWC folder.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you for excellent advice. I have waited a few days to reply to assess whether your solution worked, and it seems to have done so. In the past, uninstallation without the extra steps then a reinstall has allowed AWC to behave properly only once or twice.

I am most grateful.

OK antiphony

Are you sure that you configured all the details before running the repair, and placed the relevant settings in especially System Analyze in the IgnoreList?

Cheers

solbjerg

Unfortunately the problem returned. The scheduled scan is run, but I am unable to access the results. Not sure where to go from here.

It seems a pity to have to give up on a great program.

Any ideas?

With thanks

Hi antiphony

First you probably have to do a clean install again.

Then before you run a scan with the program, I would advise you to read the manual located in the AWC folder.

It is a bit difficult to say precisely what you should put in the Ignore list, it depends on the whole set up in your computer ie. programs and settings and on your preferences.

The most important is the system analyze where you have to think about the items that it finds and want to optimize, and find out if you want to follow the advise.

Some of the optimizing is is based on the parameter that saving resources is good, but ♪♪ it aint necessarily so ♪♪ and you have to make up your mind about that, depending on what you need and want.

Then you scan and when the scan has finished don't click "Repair" but go in under all "Details" and look if there is anything that you want the repair to ignore, if there is, you mark each item one by one and for each one hit the button "IgnoreList" or right click on the item and choose "IgnoreList"

Once you have configured the details you do not have to do it again unless some new program you install alters some settings, but that happens mostly in StartUp items where there often is a lot of programs that doesn't need to start up before you need them, but here again it depends on your preferences.

If you read the manual I don't think I have to say much more?

But you are welcome to ask!

Cheers

solbjerg

I would be most grateful if you would give me step by step instructions for configuring the details and placing the settings in the ignore list.

I must be doing something incorrectly!

Sincere thanks

Archived