IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update popup notification

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi WinDefend!

IMF isn't meant to be primary protection from security threats. It is designed to be a component of a comprehensive protection package (that includes an effective A/V, firewall, etc.).:smile:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Edit: It is still relatively young software in the Malware protection world!:smile:

Hi WinDefend!

Yes, the performance could definitely use some improvements.

As you were not clear in the capacity that you are using IMF, and you have omitted the details of your softwares from your member profile, I clarified its use. It performs fine.

In the edit of my post perhaps I should have been more clear... IMF is an Iobit product that has relatively few false positives and an increasing detection rate.

Perhaps if you would take the time to post more clearly, misunderstandings or misinterpretation would not occur!:smile:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I was speaking to Johnny, since he mentioned performance and I commented back about it. Following?

I know Iobit has a poor detection ratio and is working to improve on it. Secondly, IMF could also be much lighter on resources. (Details can be saved for another thread..)

Hi WinDefend

The poor detection ratio you refer to is to my observations found by people that have subjected the program to a bunch of malware that also contains many viruses. As IMF isn't an antivirus program it is not quite fair to do that.

The detection ratio for Rogue programs was very very good (the best actually) in one review I came across some months ago. And the rest of the "usual" malware (without the virus definitions) were on par with other programs, as far as I remember.

Cheers

solbjerg

I was speaking to Johnny, since he mentioned performance and I commented back about it. Following?

I know Iobit has a poor detection ratio and is working to improve on it. Secondly, IMF could also be much lighter on resources. (Details can be saved for another thread..)

Archived