IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ESET Smart Security 5 found asc-setup.exe problematic

hereticlohani

Hello,

First of, thank you for offering a free version of this program!

This just happened! ESET Smart Security 5 found asc-setup.exe (setup of Advanced System Care 5 Free downloaded from your website) to be a potentially unwanted application. This is the only file ESET had problems with. The scan result is pasted below.

H:\Software\Utilities\Commonly Used\asc-setup.exe » INNO » file0192.bin - a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Widgi potentially unwanted application

I have no other issues with the application. It did speedup my PC. I must mention that I formatted and reinstalled Win XP Sp2 1 day before installing Advanced System Care 5 Free (I format and re-setup my OS every 6 months for maintenance; no worries here). At the time of install, ESET had no issues with the file. A recent ESET Smart Security 5 Virus Definition Update and subsequent virus scan brought this on.

Please investigate!

Thanks!

Hi hereticlohani!

Welcome to Iobit forum!

It is the toolbar that Eset alerts to. No other A/V anti-Malware alerts on this. Iobit staff are aware of this and are already in contact with Nod/Eset to resolve the issue. Thanks for informing us that the issue is still unresolved!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived