IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem with ASC Registry Cleaning

Ted Robinette

I had to take 3 computers (all Windows XP) in for service after the ASC registry cleaner was too thorough and deleted "userinit" file/s, which caused all computer/s to become totally inoperable. Restoration of the missing/deleted file (by service pros, at cost of ~$100 per unit) fixed the problem in all instances. I have since chosen to remove ASCv5Pro from all 3 units (approx. 3 months into paid subscription) to avoid recurrence of this problem. Yes, I can uncheck registry cleaning in Quick and Deep Care modes, but the ASC computer status never gets above "Fair" w/o the program getting to "clean" the registry.

I like IOBit product/s in principal, but this error in "over cleaning" should be addressed. I would like to use ASC utilities, but between subscription and repair costs have now spent $350+. I cannot afford to have the product put my office computers out of commission.

Thanks, Ted Robinette, Ithaca, NY, USA

Archived