IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Someone please help me!

I had some problem with my game. i always play C&C Generals and after several hours,white,blue and black lines appeared on my dekstop,making my PC stop working. Then the screen goes black (not turn off and the games continues working in black screen),and I always have to shutdown & clean my AGP card and my RAM card.

This problem seldomly appeared on another games. Someone please help me solve this problem..

-The attached file is a log file from gamebooster 3 analysis.Looks like it detect many problem and i am not an expert on this.

GBooster Result.txt

Hi E-Punk Zidane!

Welcome to Iobit forum!

I have reviewed the system requirements for Command and Conquer Generals... and even with GB on I suspect that your RAM is close to being maxed out! Have you considered upgrading your RAM... depending on your slots and how it is currently installed, you may be able to double it for $20 - $30 (USD).

Also (small possibility here) are the cooling ports free and clear of debris, unobstructed, and is the fan functioning properly?

I am not a gamer so I suspect others will post with other ideas!

Also, is it possible to pause the game and clean the Card and RAM every couple of hours? Do you use Iobit SmartRam?

Edit: There you go!! Masterblaster posted while I was researching the game!! He is a gamer and offers excellent advisement concerning gaming issues!!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I'm not sure what on-board temperature sensors are in your system. You can try to determine if your system is running hot by utilizing Piriform Speccy. It is by a very reputable programmer and is free. You can try running the game until the problem occurs, then running speccy to see what the processor temp is reported at. Piriform Speccy is here . Get the free version on the left side directly from Piriform. When you launch Speccy it will report the internal temperatures as reported by your system on the main GUI... It will look like this:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9354&d=1326938107

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

My guess is these are artifacts caused from an aging and overheated GPU.

You may need a new graphic card if you can find one for a AGP.

masteblaster: So overheated GPU is the problem? I will consider of buying an AGP card or a cooler hardware..

malvin deal : Thanks for those software.i once used Speccy,but didn't realize the temperature reporter..anyway,thanks

Archived