IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

UAC blocking SD 2.3 from running at startup

atabata

Windows 7 x64 with Smart Defrag 2.3

SD is not starting automatically at startup due to UAC. I have to manually start the program from the start menu. I then get a UAC "This program will make changes to your computer...blah...blah...blah". Any way around this? I'd rather not disable UAC. As annoying as it is, it does have its uses.

Hi atabata! Welcome to Iobit Forum!

I have been looking into this from several sources and your options are very limited. What functions of UAC do you find most beneficial that you appreciate?

Did you know that in most tests 7 out of 8 infections easily slip past UAC, so I hope you are not relying on it for security! Currently the UAC in Win. 7 is particularly easy for malware to get around because of the changes MS has made to it.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

UAC is important if you have Multiple users loging in to the computer or it's on a multi-user network,

but if log-in is always Admin, then it's not really needed.

Personally I like getting those UAC messages, letting me know 'What's Happening'. :lol:

Here's Info on UAC, for those that don't know what it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control

I agree, Toppack

It's better to have a good Antivirus program, a good compliment to the AV software (like Malware Fighter) and a good firewall. Win 7 firewall is better than previous XP or Vista versions, but there are other 3rd party ones out there that provide better protection.

Archived