IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASPro 5

Clorey70

A few days ago, I bought and installed Advanced System Pro 5 and also bought and installed IObit (both latest versions). Also Smart Defrag 2. The problem I am having since installing these programs, is that when I am on a website or in my email and I see a video that I would like to watch, when I click on it, this computer shuts off and restarts each and every time. Is this something that you know a fix for or is it something that I have done, perhaps in checking something off or on that should be. Please help as I am missing lots of videos I want to watch. Thanks for your help. :?:

Hi Clorey70! Welcome to Iobit Forum!

This sounds like damage to some system files. Had you run the registry fix function and repaired items labeled high risk? Please be aware that high risk means there is a high risk that repairing this item may damage your system. In the future, run scan only then review the detected items, unticking or moving the high risk items into the ignore list unless you are certain it is something you want to "fix"

You can use the rescue function at the top right of the ASC GUI to try to restore the changes ASC made to your machine. If that doesn't work try system restore. Or if you have an imaging software such as Macrium or Prodigy, you can use it to repair. You may have to reinstall some of your browser plug-ins (such as direct x, etc.) if the restore and rescue functions don't fix.

Hope this helps!:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

To: Mel

Regarding the high risk items, I did misinterpret the meaning of these and got rid of them. Big mistake obviously. I will try to undo what I have done and if this doesn't work, I will do a restore and see what happens. Thanks for your help and I will let you know what happens now.

To: Mel

Big trouble for me. I turned on the computer and read my emails and clicked on a video I wanted to watch and got the STOP blue screen. It seems that this file nv4_disp.dll is missing or corrupted. I wonder if this has anything to do with Nividia, which is a program I have on this computer. I don't honestly know what to do now. Can you help me here? Thx

Archived