IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC5 icons visible but dont work

Chris JGB

My PC crashed severely 3 times yesterday. On each occasion I had been running the Deep Care function of the ASC5 Pro version.

The Technical Information displayed on the blue screen was: STOP 0x00000050 (0xE44330000, 0x00000001, 0x80578F4C, 0x00000001)

I uninstalled Pro (under Safe Mode) and reinstalled ASC5 Free but was unable to access any ASC5 user screen via any of the icons or links. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now with the same result. I have therefore been unable to upgrade to the Pro version again (I have paid for the Pro version and have unlimited use of my License Code) or even use the Free version.

The Pro version has been working well with no issues since I started using it in November 2011.

I would very much welcome any advice on how to rectify this frustrating situation.

Many thanks

Chris :-(

Hi Chris

The stop message is explained by Microsoft and one of the possibilities were that it could be a virus (HaxDoor)

Please run a virus check.

Cheers

solbjerg

My PC crashed severely 3 times yesterday. On each occasion I had been running the Deep Care function of the ASC5 Pro version.

The Technical Information displayed on the blue screen was: STOP 0x00000050 (0xE44330000, 0x00000001, 0x80578F4C, 0x00000001)

I uninstalled Pro (under Safe Mode) and reinstalled ASC5 Free but was unable to access any ASC5 user screen via any of the icons or links. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now with the same result. I have therefore been unable to upgrade to the Pro version again (I have paid for the Pro version and have unlimited use of my License Code) or even use the Free version.

The Pro version has been working well with no issues since I started using it in November 2011.

I would very much welcome any advice on how to rectify this frustrating situation.

Many thanks

Chris :-(

Hi Chris JGB! Welcome to Iobit forum!

The information in your user profile is limited but you state there that you are running two anti-virus programs(they fight with each other)! Please post a dds log (steps #3 and #4) from the Malware Removal guidelines. If you are able to... close as many applications as possible before running dds! (it will shorten the logs). If you have complete command of your system then also complete (step #1) from the guidelines.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9397&d=1327643391

Also please go ahead and choose which anti-virus you wish to use and remove the other one (if you are able)! [Edit: I have done a little research since I posted here on this subject and I still advise the usage of only one A/V]

If you post back I will make sure that your thread is moved to the Malware removal section of this forum if that seems advisable!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Confused

The information in your user profile is limited but you state there that you are running two anti-virus programs(they fight with each other)! Please post a dds log (steps #3 and #4) from the Malware Removal guidelines. If you are able to... close as many applications as possible before running dds! (it will shorten the logs). If you have complete command of your system then also complete (step #1) from the guidelines.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9397&d=1327643391

Also please go ahead and choose which anti-virus you wish to use and remove the other one (if you are able)! [Edit: I have done a little research since I posted here on this subject and I still advise the usage of only one A/V]

If you post back I will make sure that your thread is moved to the Malware removal section of this forum if that seems advisable!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thank you for your response. I have:

• run a full antivirus check and found nothing
  • become very confused with the conflicting views about running 2 anti-virus programmes
  • chosen to remove WSE and run an AVG check again
  • no knowledge or understanding of posting dds logs

I am still learning about the correct use of this site so please bare with me if I reply or post incorrectly, but I have read the guidelines. I thought I had a reasonable understanding of how my PC works, but seem to be struggling with complex information. Again, please bare with me. :oops: I would appreciate simple explanations (if possible) so that I can get my head around it.

I really appreciate any feedback though. Thanks ;-)

Will repost once I have adjusted my AV settings. However, somehow I dont think this is going to have any affect on the workings and access of ASC5.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris JGB!

I am sorry if we have confused you concerning two A/V's! Enoskype has moved those posts onto a separate thread as the discussion isn't relevant to your situation! The vastly accepted view is that it is unadvisable to run two A/V's because the way they operate more than likely would interfere with each other. I think you have done the wise thing by choosing one.

DDS is a system diagnostic tool used to detect compromises in your computer. HijackThis used to be the Prevalent diagnostic tool but has been superceded by others. My invitation was for you to run DDS and post the two logs here so that they may be examined for infection (per Solbjerg's post #2). You can click on the blue link in my original post for instructions on how to do this. This link will show you how to attach files to your posts here.

I hope this clarifies things a little!:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Chris JGB,

Sorry for the inconvenience, please kindly provide us with more details, it will greatly help us look into this issue.:wink:

1) Please let us know the specific version of your Advanced SystemCare.

Click button "More">>select "About">> find and let us know the the specific version of ASC.

2) Please help us confirm that the Operating System is XP 32 or XP 64.

3) Please go C:\Windows to see whether there is the folder Minidump. If yes, please send it to us.

Thanks in advance!:-)

Archived