IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New version changes windows theme

redfruit

Hi redfruit

Please read the posts, quite a few has had this problem.

It happens because you do not read the manual and do not configure your details.

Cheers

solbjeg

When I install the new version of advanced windows care it changes my windows theme to bold and blurry font and my layout everything is all bad, how to fix this? :sad:

Hi redfruit

Please read the posts, quite a few has had this problem.

It happens because you do not read the manual and do not configure your details.

Cheers

solbjeg

What post? I looked for some with this problem but have not seen any yet. I have read the manual, can you be more specific?

Hi redfruit,

What OS are you running?

If XP, right click "My Computer", click Properties, then advanced, then performance, then settings. Under Visual effects, click "Let Windows decide what is best for my computer". This should put it back to normal. Then next time you scan, by System Optimize click "see details". Look for anything that may be related to fonts, right click on the entry and click "ignore". Then hit OK to return to the main scan page & repair. If it happens again, repeat the process and double check "see details' for anything else that may be related.

samr.

Hi redfruit,

What OS are you running?

If XP, right click "My Computer", click Properties, then advanced, then performance, then settings. Under Visual effects, click "Let Windows decide what is best for my computer". This should put it back to normal. Then next time you scan, by System Optimize click "see details". Look for anything that may be related to fonts, right click on the entry and click "ignore". Then hit OK to return to the main scan page & repair. If it happens again, repeat the process and double check "see details' for anything else that may be related.

samr.

What about for Vista?

For XP is there way I can keep my custom setting and this can work? And it effect more than the font boldness and type it seems to effect the whole them and overall appearance. I did this with the XP computer but I want to keep my visual effects settings and it only fixed the font not the other appearance changes.

Hi redfruit

That was probably because you only placed the font settings in the "IgnoreList".

Cheers

solbjerg

What about for Vista?

For XP is there way I can keep my custom setting and this can work? And it effect more than the font boldness and type it seems to effect the whole them and overall appearance. I did this with the XP computer but I want to keep my visual effects settings and it only fixed the font not the other appearance changes.

right okay so again anyway

Hi redfruit,

What OS are you running?

samr.

What about for Vista?

So if anyone is still on these forums what about VISTA?! Is there way I can keep my custom settings for the visual appearance and this can work? And what else do I need to ignore besides font, everything that is in system optimization? This is ridiculous why would they even have this in the new version?! Can I just install an earlier version. :-x

Hi redfruit

If you install a new(old) version, the settings in your previous will be in the new install unless you do a clean install.

But why would you want an old version? They work practically the same in that respect.

If you do a clean install you have to configure the detail in that the first time you run it anyway.

The optimization you have to put in the "IgnoreList" is the settings you want to keep. fx. if you do not need font smoothing you do not put that in the ignore list.

Read the manual please!

About ridiculous - the program is set up so that all peoples preferences is possible (not just yours), that is why the IgnoreList is there.

Cheers

solbjerg

So if anyone is still on these forums what about VISTA?! Is there way I can keep my custom settings for the visual appearance and this can work? And what else do I need to ignore besides font, everything that is in system optimization? This is ridiculous why would they even have this in the new version?! Can I just install an earlier version. :-x

When I install the new version of advanced windows care it changes my windows theme to bold and blurry font and my layout everything is all bad, how to fix this? :sad:

I agree with redfruit, that this is very annoying.

I like my light icon text drops shadows and AWC2 gives me dark, inky shadows and text after "optimizing".

The program setup should not default that deeply into personal settings.

The manual is of no help other than to explain the general use of the Ignore List function.

Specifics are needed to resolve this, "not RTFM" or "use the ignore list"

Without specifics, I would not recommend this app be run with "System Optimization" turned on.

Here's a screenshot of the Registry settings that are maniplated on my machine by AWC2, one or more of which gives me those undesirable effects :

Does anyone know which setting(s) to put on the ignore list to preserve the aforementioned effects ?

OK guys,

The following are some of what I do in my PCs and Laptops, so it is only a guidance and personal preference of mine.

It is up to you to choose whatever you think is the best for your preferences.

XP (Pro SP3) (Home user, Daily Use, My Home Network in a domain, DSL)

-------Problem------------------Registry Key------- Current Value---- -My Preference

___________________---------- __________--------___________---- -_____________

OPtimize Visual Effects-----------DragFullWindows---------- 1----------------1

OPtimize Visual Effects-----------MinAnimate----------------1----------------1

OPtimize Visual Effects-----------SmoothScroll ------------ N/A--------------1

OPtimize Visual Effects-----------MenuShowDelay---------- 150--------------200

Optimize Icon Resource-----------IconTitleWrap------------ 1----------------1

Optimize Icon Resource-----------ThumbnailSize------------ N/A--------------96

Optimize Icon Resource-----------ThumbnailQuality --------- N/A--------------80

Optimize Icon Resource-----------Max Cached Ico... ------- ___---------------8192

Optimize Icon Resource-----------UpdateMode-------------- 1----------------1

OPtimize Visual Effects -----------ListviewAlphaSelect------- 1----------------1

OPtimize Visual Effects-----------TaskbarAnimations--------- 1----------------1

False System Setting-------------EnaleAutoLayout-----------0----------------0

False System Setting-------------NtfsDisable8dot3...---------0----------------0

False System Setting-------------IoPageLockLimit------------0----------------1

Optimize File System--------------NtfsDisableLastAcc..------ 0----------------0

Optimize Crash Control------------LogEvent------------------1----------------1

-----Service------------------------Description-----------Current-------My Preference

_____________________----------________________----________-----____________

Portable Media Serial#Ser.--------- Retrieves the serial...--Automatic-------Manual

Backround Intelligent Trans. Serv.---Transfers files in......--Automatic-------Automatic

Windows Image Acquisation WIA)----Provides Image Aq...--Automatic-------Automatic

Universal Plug and Play Device Host--Povides Support......--Automatic-------Manual

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Vista (Ultimate)

Will follow if this post is of any use to XP users.

Cheers.

Hi jflan

If you go into performance settings, you can try different settings in user defined settings, and discover which settings you want, - those you can then place in the Ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

I agree with redfruit, that this is very annoying.

I like my light icon text drops shadows and AWC2 gives me dark, inky shadows and text after "optimizing".

The program setup should not default that deeply into personal settings.

The manual is of no help other than to explain the general use of the Ignore List function.

Specifics are needed to resolve this, "not RTFM" or "use the ignore list"

Without specifics, I would not recommend this app be run with "System Optimization" turned on.

Here's a screenshot of the Registry settings that are maniplated on my machine by AWC2, one or more of which gives me those undesirable effects :

Does anyone know which setting(s) to put on the ignore list to preserve the aforementioned effects ?

Thanks for the responses.

It was "smooth edges of screen fonts"....I like it turned off and AWC2 turns it on with default settings.

One could install Clear Type Tuner to adjust out the "inkyness" of the fonts, I suppose. Win2K, XP, 2003 only.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.mspx

I haven't used it but here is an online tuner that is supposedly Vista-friendly:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearType/tuner/tune.aspx

I hope the OP, redfruit can benefit from the hijack :oops:

Hi jflan

Excellent!

By me in "Let Windows choose the best settings for your computer"

"smooth edges of screen fonts".... isn't activated, so I suppose that I must have put that in the IgnoreList initially if the AWC setting is to activate it..

Perhaps it is a desirable setting in China, given their elaborate characters in traditional and simplified Chinese?

I do not remember putting it in the IgnoreList though.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the responses.

It was "smooth edges of screen fonts"....I like it turned off and AWC2 turns it on with default settings.

One could install Clear Type Tuner to adjust out the "inkyness" of the fonts, I suppose. Win2K, XP, 2003 only.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.mspx

I haven't used it but here is an online tuner that is supposedly Vista-friendly:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearType/tuner/tune.aspx

I hope the OP, redfruit can benefit from the hijack :oops:

It's an individual thing, I suppose.

Different monitors and graphics cards would play a key role also.

Installing and activating Clear Type Tuner will also turn on "smooth edges of screen fonts" if it is found to be off.

Archived