IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

advanced 5 changed my default settings

UNF student

intstalled advanced system care 5 ( pro ) today and it would not allow me to keep my current settings. Now I have the awful Yahoo in my default search bar. I have tried everything to try to change it back, Manage search settings does not work. I have tried to go through about:config but it reset itself once I close the mozilla window I am going crazy:

Hi UNF student!

Welcome to Iobit Forum!!

it would not allow me to keep my current settings
Which settings in which software?

Yahoo in my default search bar.
It appears you chose the Iobit toolbar by Yahoo upon install of ASC. You must slow down and read carefully the options on the install of Any software! You can see the difficulties of not carefully selecting the options in your install here! You will have to uninstall the Iobit/Yahoo toolbar! Please download the Revo uninstaller free here

Goto the bottom right of the download page and get the free version. Launch Revo uninstaller and when you see the Iobit/Yahoo toolbar, choose it and then click uninstall. When prompted, choose the Advanced option. Then uninstall. When the applications built in uninstaller is finished... using the next button, check only the items that are in bold, and continue.

Then make sure all Mozilla firefox pages are closed and the application is not running. Then get Ccleaner by Piriform here

Use the download site directly from Piriform.

Then launch Ccleaner and run it with none of the advanced options checked (ticked), then run the registry fix function of Ccleaner with the options checked (ticked) as here:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9398&d=1327719670

Then the Iobit/Yahoo toolbar should be gone.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived