IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Question about update for Advanced SystemCare

JohnnySokko

My Advanced SystemCare notified me yesterday (02-02-2012) that there was an update to be downloaded (see attached screenshot).

Before I dowload it, though, I'd like to know what it is. Is this merely an internal update, or is this for a new version?

And also, where can I view a history of the change logs? Is there a page where change logs and release notes are archived? Is yes, I would appreciate it if someone could please provide a link. :-)

Thanks!

Hi Johnny,

I could not see ASC in your profile, so please post the exact version build of it.

You can find it in About window clickable under More on the main GUI.

The change logs of the main version updates can be found in News & Offers, in threads concerning ASC such as Advanced SystemCare 5.1 (5.1.0.196) is Released!!! (UPDATED) with smiley ( http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon7.gif ) infront of them.

I have ASC 5.1.0.196, and when I try to update, it says that I have the latest version and no updates available.

Last internal update was on 12.12.2011.

The replaced files were:

ActiveBoost.db

ASCService.exe

ASCTray.exe

Ext.dbd

Suo10_SmartRAM.exe

You can check UpdateHistory.txt file in main ASC folder for your update history.

Cheers.

Hi, enoskype.

I have the most recent version of ASC: 5.1.0.196

That's really odd that yours doesn't show any new updates being available.

I check for updates at least once a week, and until yesterday, it always said that none were available.

I wonder why I have one and you don't. :???:

And another thing: I've never see an update before that was simply called "Important Update" (as can be seen in the screenshot from my earlier post). Have you ever seen any described that way before?

Hi JohnnySokko

There is often some confusion about upgrade contra update the words are sometimes used as synonyms.

Do you have the free version? If so the pop-up you get is probably an invitation to upgrade to the pro version.

The updating usually should refer to getting the newest definition files for known malware.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, enoskype.

I have the most recent version of ASC: 5.1.0.196

That's really odd that yours doesn't show any new updates being available.

I check for updates at least once a week, and until yesterday, it always said that none were available.

I wonder why I have one and you don't. :???:

And another thing: I've never see an update before that was simply called "Important Update" (as can be seen in the screenshot from my earlier post). Have you ever seen any described that way before?

Do you have the free version? If so the pop-up you get is probably an invitation to upgrade to the pro version. The updating usually should refer to getting the newest definition files for known malware.

Yes, I do have the free version. It wasn't a pop up, though. It was simply the updater telling me that there was an update available. I only questioned it because I've never seen one called "Important Update" before; they are usually described differently.

Anyway, I just downloaded it. I then went and checked the Update History file, and here is what it said:

============ 2/4/2012 5:06:00 AM ============

Download details:

Download file asc510.zlb succeeded.

Replace details:

Replace file Cus.dbd succeeded.

Replace file Ext.dbd succeeded.

Replace file Reg.dbd succeeded.

Replace file Reminder.exe succeeded.

Replace file Suc13_DiskCleaner.exe succeeded.

Johnny, yours are newer, mine are 5.1.0.617 and 5.1.0.23 respectively.

I can understand the Reminder.exe as a different one for Free and Pro, but I wonder why Suc13_DiskCleaner.exe is different as beeing a free tool for both Free and Pro editions. :roll:

Lyon275's theory of updating in PRO automatically does not include everything then!!! :?

I think we need clarification from IObit.

BTW, is CREDIT OK now in the other thread?

Cheers.

Hi JohnnySekko

In my settings I have chosen "Check for updates when the program starts".

How are yours configured?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. @ enoskype I have the same versions as johnnysokko (had to re-register my pro version though)

I can understand the Reminder.exe as a different one for Free and Pro, but I wonder why Suc13_DiskCleaner.exe is different as beeing a free tool for both Free and Pro editions. :roll:

Lyon275's theory of updating everthing in PRO automatically is not the case then!!!

Cheers.

p.s. @ enoskype I have the same versions as johnnysokko

That makes me more curious then!:lol:

My understanding of Reminder.exe beeing different in two editions is not correct too. :razz:

Free doesn't have another option enabled other than "Check for updates when the program starts".

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

As a possible explanation I added a p.s. in the previous post that I had had to re-register my pro version to get away from the free version in my latest version update:-)

Cheers

solbjerg

That makes me more curious then!:lol:

My understanding of Reminder.exe beeing different in two editions is not correct too. :razz:

Free doesn't have another option enabled other than "Check for updates when the program starts".

Cheers.

I can understand the Reminder.exe as a different one for Free and Pro, but I wonder why Suc13_DiskCleaner.exe is different as being a free tool for both Free and Pro editions. :roll:

I don't know, but since I have the free version and you don't, I would think I should be the one with the older version — lol. Don't you?

Yes, we do. :smile:

I hope so, but honestly, I only glanced at it. I wasn't in the mood to strain my brain this early. I'll check it out later and let you know.

By the way, what kind of update did this appear to be anyway? They changed some of the executables, so I would think that would call for some kind of small change in the version number, but it still shows as being version 5.1.0.196. I would think at least one of those numbers should have changed.

In my settings I have chosen "Check for updates when the program starts." How are yours configured?

The same way.

I don't know, but since I have the free version and you don't, I would think I should be the one with the older version — lol. Don't you?

No, not necessarily 8-), as IObit changes some helper files from time to time for PRO and FREE, fx., I would expect that for Reminder.exe in Free.

By the way, what kind of update did this appear to be anyway? They changed some of the executables, so I would think that would call for some kind of small change in the version number, but it still shows as being version 5.1.0.196. I would think at least one of those numbers should have changed.

The build # only changes if ASC.exe changes.

But I don't know what is the important part of the last update! :-o

FYI, it is easy to convert the PRO edition to FREE edition just by renaming License.dat file in the main ASC folder.

Cheers.

FYI, it is easy to convert the PRO edition to FREE edition just by renaming License.dat file in the main ASC folder.

Why would anyone want to do that (convert to the free version if they already have the Pro version)? :???:

Does that tip happen to work in reverse? :smile:

Why would anyone want to do that (convert to the free version if they already have the Pro version)? :???:

A person like myself who has an ASC PRO license and wants to test both editions to see the behaviour difference and share that in the forum, or a nagger who thinks nobody (helpers) has done that in the forum and it is easier to trash the program in the forum!!! :lol:

Some want to have the Free version after the expiration of the license not to see the reminder of the expired license which is different than reminders in free edition.

Well, also the translators! (I strongly advice translators to do that to see the fitting of the translated words/sentences though.)

Does that tip happen to work in reverse? :smile:

If you have a valid license code, yes. 8:)

Cheers. :smile:

Then I wonder what is it in Lyon275's case !

Cheers.

Dont know :mrgreen: I have the latest version of all files i checked it ,it updates automatically i guess :lol:

today when i opened Asc i had notification about "important update" so i downloaded it :)

Mine updates are working great dont know how but they are :)

Cheers.

Archived