IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unable to Start Gamebooster

Everytime I try to start up gamebooster 3.2 I get an EAccessViolation exception.

Access Violation at address 50000B0B in module 'rtl120.bpl'. Read of address 7EF90000. Any idea what is causing this error, I've reinstalled the program multiple times and donwloaded it from multiple mirrors.

I have the exact same problem starting up the application.

Before installing 3.2 I uninstalled 3.1 in Control Panel and then used the Bitremover as mentioned in the other topic, did a clean installation and get this error.

seems like we have a bug here.

Hi dingo

After the uninstall and the bitremover did you check if the GB folder was removed or at least completely empty?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. do you have turbo boost running automatically in ASC too?

I have the exact same problem starting up the application.

Before installing 3.2 I uninstalled 3.1 in Control Panel and then used the Bitremover as mentioned in the other topic, did a clean installation and get this error.

seems like we have a bug here.

Off the Iobit blog.

Hi dingo are you also using Avast by chance?

Yes im using Avast, but its never interfered before with previous versions of GB.

Hi dingo

After the uninstall and the bitremover did you check if the GB folder was removed or at least completely empty?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. do you have turbo boost running automatically in ASC too?

Yes, I deleted the folder after as well and also im not using ASC

This is what happens when starting the program:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/976/error1tk.jpg

restarting doesn't help as it just start up again with the same error

Hi jachamberlain!

Thanks for the feedback. The rtl120.bpl issue was resolved on the other thread I linked to earlier by searching for and removing remnants of previous installations of the Iobit software. Please use the Windows search function to make sure all remnants of previous GB installations are eradicated.

I hope this will help!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi dingo and jachamberlain,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.:oops:

Please kindly help us look into this issue.

Please find and send \appcache\appinfo.vdf and the userdata folder to us as attachment.

Usual Path: C:\Program Files\Steam

Thanks in advance!;-)

Archived