IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF error when shutting down computer [SOLVED by IMF 1.4]

I had IMF installed last year, but I uninstalled it because it just seemed too "buggy." One of the issues was that I would always get an error message whenever I shut my computer down.

Last month, a new version was released (1.3.0.3), and I downloaded it in the hope that most of the issues were fixed. However, I guess some issues are still present; I'm still getting the same error message — even with the newest version.

The error message has a code in it, obviously for troubleshooting purposes. There has to be a way to look it up. Does anyone know how?

Hi JohnnySokko

Can it have anything to do with scheduled scan? How is your setting there.

Otherwise if the clean install doesn't do the trick I would try sfc /scannow

Cheers

solbjerg

I had IMF installed last year, but I uninstalled it because it just seemed too "buggy." One of the issues was that I would always get an error message whenever I shut my computer down.

Last month, a new version was released (1.3.0.3), and I downloaded it in the hope that most of the issues were fixed. However, I guess some issues are still present; I'm still getting the same error message — even with the newest version.

The error message has a code in it, obviously for troubleshooting purposes. There has to be a way to look it up. Does anyone know how?

Guys, I have the same glitch when closing Virtual XP, and I don't think it is because of a corrupted file.

In a way, when shutdown command is given, OS can not close or initialize that process and I think it is a permission issue of the PC.

It doesn't effect IMF or any other program when you restart Windows though.

I will give you info if I find the cause of the behaviour and also will check it in my XP laptop.

Cheers.

Hi JohnnySokko

The message "code number" just means failure to initiate.

Could it possibly be because the startup is delayed because of some security related check?

enoskype will probably find out the how and why!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

Every time I shut my computer down, I always get an error message on the screen related to IObit Malware Fighter. A screenshot is attached.

Does anyone know what issue is causing this error message to occur?

The message "code number" just means failure to initiate.

Hi there, solbjerg.

I'm not sure if you actually looked at my screenshot or not. There is no message that says, "code number." There is, however, an actual series of numbers in the error message. It seems like they would have to mean something.

And the error message comes up during shutdown, not initiation.

Could it possibly be because the startup is delayed because of some security related check?

No problems during startup. Issue is entirely with shutdown.

Hi JohnnySokko

I am sorry - I sometimes also use quotation marks to signify an approximation.

For example if I write "red" indian my meaning will be that the native Americans aren't really quite red. :-) And the "red" was only chosen to distinguish between the people from India and the American Indians, because they were originally misnamed. Even Ameriganoes would have been more apt for South Americans or the descendants of Amerigano Vespucci :-)

Perhaps I should have just written it in italics?

Of course I have seen your screenshot - it was from there I got the number and investigated what it meant. :-)

The startup of the initialization to close is not performed, - in my guess because something delays that process. Hence the message.

But doesn't it close after a while - just before the computer closes?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi there, solbjerg.

I'm not sure if you actually looked at my screenshot or not. There is no message that says, "code number." There is, however, an actual series of numbers in the error message. It seems like they would have to mean something.

And the error message comes up during shutdown, not initiation.

No problems during startup. Issue is entirely with shutdown.

OK guys, please bear with me!

Although IWsIMF.exe of IMF is an executable, it is a Manifest that informs Windows that the IMF program can be run with standard user privileges in Windows Vista and Windows 7. The settings are ignored in Windows XP and only used by Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.

XML language is used for defining a Manifest.

Now, I think there is mistake in IWsIMF.exe file that I may have found the bug, as I have used the new file and it worked (No error message when closing Windows. in my Virtual XP).

When Windows is closing IWsIMF.exe is inisialized to inform Windows that IMF can be closed by the standard user privilages.

Because of a bug in the IWsIMF.exe file (As I may have figured out), the initialization can not be executed, but this doesn't matter for XP, as the settings of this Manifest are ignored in XP.

One of the lines in the original manifest of IWsIMF.exe is as follows:

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = [default] urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1 NS = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" /><assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">requestedExecutionLevel level ="asInvoker" uiAccess="false"></assembly><assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"> </assembly>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">followed by: /requestedExecutionLevel</assembly>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"></assembly>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"></assembly><assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">It shoud have read:</assembly>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">requestedExecutionLevel level ="asInvoker" uiAccess="false"/></assembly>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"></assembly><assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">and the following : /requestedExecutionLevel

should not be there for XP. (I think. :mrgreen:)

------------------------------------------------------

@ JohnnySokko

Please find attached IWsIMF.exe file in a zip file.

Rename your IWsIMF.exe to JohnnyIWsIMF.exe in the main IMF folder and extract IWsIMF.exe file in the attached IWsIMF.zip file to the main IMF folder.

At the end, if it doesn't work for you, delete my extracted file and you can rename your original file and use IMF as it was.

I can assure you that there will be no harm trying it.

I have used the very same file in my Virtual XP and it does not give that error anymore when closing WindowsXP.

Please give feedback.

Cheers.

EDIT: Attachment removed, as it reverts back to error after couple of shutddowns</assembly>

I have tried the attached file in my previous post in my laptop XP also which had the same glitch mentioned in the thread starter post, and it worked, there was not an error during shut down of Windows.

EDIT: Error shows up after couple of shutdowns. Attachment in the previous post deleted.

Thanks and cheers.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Re: IWsIMF.EXE

I am having the same problem with IObit. The same error every time I shut down this Windows XP computer. I didn't get it in the free edition, only in the paid for edition. I don't even know where I would put a date and time for a schedule for this program. It just pops up on the screen when it is running. This error is becoming annoying to me as I get it every single time I shut down this computer. Please help. Thx

IWsIMF.EXE

I have just recently bought and installed the latest version of your IObit program. Does this mean that I have to wait a long time to get this problem rectified? This is absolutely ridiculous. Why can't it be fixed now? I don't understand. Please explain this to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived