IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Laptop - High Risk Items on Scans

jonh1961

I've just bought a new laptop, a Pavilion g6 Series Notebook. Very first thing

I installed was ASC 5, and ran Quik Care. It had 155 low risk problems, and 36 Active X and class issues (all high risk). This is straight out of the box. Now with Deep Care it is showing 62 Active X and class issues (again all high risk), and 609 Deep Scan (all high risk) issues. This being a brand new pc, I am very fearful of deleting high risk items. Deep Care only showed 2 low risk items I'm sure I picked up from this morning. Also it lists my pc health as only fair. How may I find out if high risk items may be deleted safely?

I installed was ASC 5, and ran Quik Care. It had 155 low risk problems, and 36 Active X and class issues (all high risk). This is straight out of the box. Now with Deep Care it is showing 62 Active X and class issues (again all high risk), and 609 Deep Scan (all high risk) issues. This being a brand new pc, I am very fearful of deleting high risk items. Deep Care only showed 2 low risk items I'm sure I picked up from this morning. Also it lists my pc health as only fair. How may I find out if high risk items may be deleted safely?

One more thing:

If you delete some program and you do deep care you can safely delete all leftovers of that program, you can delete cache related,history related,leftovers of something that you deleted but if you find something related to drivers or system files UNCHECK those .

Hi jonh1961! Welcome to the Iobit forum!

Many users falsely think that fixing their registry on a regular basis is a good idea. Lyon's advisements I agree with for the most part... if you don't know for certain what the entry is or are unsure... move it to the ignore list! The miniscule unnoticeable possible gain of "repairing" an unknown high risk entry is vastly outweighed by the probable damage to your system. High risk means there is a high risk of damage to your system! If I were you I would move all of the high risk items into the ignore list.

I would also learn to ignore the smiley frowney gadget on the main GUI as it is not truly representative of the "health" of your machine. It is more indicative of your use or non use of ASC... (whether you need to or not). It is more of a timer than anything.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived