IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 2.3

Ted

Hi Arkadaş enoskype

No please don't - I like to hear you talk!

Çünkü yüreğin bilgelikle dolacak, Zevk alacaksın bilgiden.

Tesekkur ederim!

Just to try some Turkish out :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

EDIT: Thank you solbjerg. http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

I do shut up.:wink:

Cheers.

Hi, enoskype,

I am back to the manual defrag settings now, but my GUI still shows Automatic Defrag ticked. In fact, when I opened SD this morning it started running and displayed the "Automatic Defrag" message.

Questions:

(1) Why is the above happening?

(2) Why couldn't SD read my correct free space, but Windows defrag and Puran Defrag could - Is this likely to happen again?

(3) And now the big one: What defrag app. do you use?

Hi Ted,

(1) Did you use Turn off by clicking on it in Automatic Defrag tab on the main GUI or click on Yes to change it to No for Automatic column on the main GUI?

(2) It reads correctly, please read posts #17 , #20 , and #24 in this thread.

(3) I use many defragmenters as I want to choose the location of the specific files.

I use Smart Defag, Ultimate Defrag, Puran defrag and Perfect Disk to name the important ones. IMHO, PD is the best paid defragmenter.

Contig from Sysinternals (MS) is handy to.

Command Prompt defrag with -b switch for system drive (C:) is useful for the defragmentation and optimization of all start up files (that shown or hidden) for Windows.

Cheers.

Hi, Toppack and enoskype,

Yes, you both had the correct answer. Thank you very much. Actually I had discovered it for myself and was just about to edit my post, but you beat me to it. When in doubt RTFM! Here are my Boot defrag results. Only one System Restore point.

enoskype, How do you rate ASC5.1's built-in defragger compared to SD?

Archived