IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

create shortcut for items

scrd01

Hi all,

i tried to drag and drop file shredder to my desktop.

question can it be done??

If not can/will Iobit take it onboard as a suggestion.

Roy

ps cant do it from C/programs/iobit/asc5/sucXX either

comes back with the rtl120 bitmap error, seems familiar last couple of days.

NB NB NB

this process then removes file shredder from the main menu AND THE SUC14 application FILE.

this looks like a big bug.

time for a reinstall

Hi scrd

If you right click the suc14 fileshredder.exe and choose to send it to the desktop as a shortcut, - it will do that.

If you delete a file to the recycle bin you can if you have chosen this option right click the recycle bin and choose shredder there to.

I haven't tried to drag&drop, but the other two options would serve me fine if I had to shred anything. :-)

Now I tested it and you are right the drag&drop just drags it onto the desktop and you cannot drag it back - you can copy it back though.

So until IObit implements this function (drag&drop) fully you had best use the other method for creating the shortcut.

I seldom use drag&drop so I hadn't noticed this behaviour. Thanks!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi all,

i tried to drag and drop file shredder to my desktop.

question can it be done??

If not can/will Iobit take it onboard as a suggestion.

Roy

ps cant do it from C/programs/iobit/asc5/sucXX either

comes back with the rtl120 bitmap error, seems familiar last couple of days.

NB NB NB

this process then removes file shredder from the main menu AND THE SUC14 application FILE.

this looks like a big bug.

time for a reinstall

never touched the recycle bin

Hi Soljerg,

I didnt send it to the recycle bin just dragged and dropped it to desktop..

clicked to run ooops not there, error message re rtl120, and file application and menu option gone.

roy

used your tip thanks. coool

In this day of must be done by yesterday, i can drag and drop oops dinnt work, im not going into the program i dont know what im doing i'll just live without it, or reinstall.!!

Hi scrd

Yes, you said so in your first post too - therefore I wrote what you could do to create a shortcut on the desktop - and how to get the file you had dragged onto the desktop back in the folder. Just copy it from the desktop and insert it in the folder.

But you are right IObit ought to look at this to make it work right.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Soljerg,

I didnt send it to the recycle bin just dragged and dropped it to desktop..

clicked to run ooops not there, error message re rtl120, and file application and menu option gone.

roy

Hi friends,

Suc14_FileShredder.exe can't be dragged to desktop directly as it use some files in the installation folder to work normally.

However, you can create a desktop shortcut for Suc14_FileShredder.exe. Please right-click it and choose Send shortcut to desktop.

Thanks for your understanding.

Archived