IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Searching for phrase

CrazyTim

Hi Tim

You can try the advanced search - but you still have to use words with minimum 4 letters.

In "End hung applications faster" you cannot search for "End" but the rest is possible. Your could change End to Ending to get all 4 words searched for.

Cheers

solbjerg

Is there a way to search these forums for a phrase?

I want to search for "End hung applications faster," but seems like all I can get is forum messages that have any one of the words "end" or "hung" or "applications" or "faster" in them.

Thx!

Tim

Hi Tim

You can try the advanced search - but you still have to use words with minimum 4 letters.

In "End hung applications faster" you cannot search for "End" but the rest is possible. Your could change End to Ending to get all 4 words searched for.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey Sol,

I was using Advanced Search.

Even if one searches for "hung applications faster," what is returned is this:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Utopia2115/IObitComForums-SearchResults_1329733279517.jpg

See the bottom line of this screen capture with the "OR" between the words?

I want an "AND" between the words, or more preferably, a search for the phrase, "hung applications faster" with all the words in that order.

You get way too many hits returned with the "or" and you can't narrow down what you really want to find.

I rarely am able to find anything helpful in these forums by doing a search unless I happen to stumble across the thread, or devote a LOT of time to looking at different threads till I eventually locate one that might be relevant. That can be alleviated if I can search for a phrase, or search for threads containing ALL the words I type rather than ANY one of them.

The "End hung applications faster" is an ASC System Optimization suggesting that the current value of 200000 be changed to 0. I'm sure it's come up before. Can you find where?

Thx!

Tim

Hi Tim

I think I would try just application hang (or hung) to try to minimize the possibilities. It can be difficult I know, I do not use it a lot, but if I know who has written it fx. if I search for some of my own posts I will look through only the posts written by me. That will narrow it down a little bit :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey Sol,

I was using Advanced Search.

Even if one searches for "hung applications faster," what is returned is this:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Utopia2115/IObitComForums-SearchResults_1329733279517.jpg

See the bottom line of this screen capture with the "OR" between the words?

I want an "AND" between the words, or more preferably, a search for the phrase, "hung applications faster" with all the words in that order.

You get way too many hits returned with the "or" and you can't narrow down what you really want to find.

I rarely am able to find anything helpful in these forums by doing a search unless I happen to stumble across the thread, or devote a LOT of time to looking at different threads till I eventually locate one that might be relevant. That can be alleviated if I can search for a phrase, or search for threads containing ALL the words I type rather than ANY one of them.

The "End hung applications faster" is an ASC System Optimization suggesting that the current value of 200000 be changed to 0. I'm sure it's come up before. Can you find where?

Thx!

Tim

Google

I am a member of a few vBulletin forums and I have never found the Search feature to be great, it is only good for general searches. As solbjerg mentioned, if you know who wrote the reply it can get better results.

I usually use a search engine like Google (or Yahoo or Bing) and use the Advanced Search option but personally I use site: in the search bar which is the same as Advanced search. So I would search like this:

If I know the exact phrase I would put the following in the search bar and the result would be this thread only.

"End hung applications faster" site:iobit.com

If I don't know the exact phrase I would put the following in the search bar and the result would be this thread and others. I could then use the Google search tool Time (on the left) to Past Year (or whenever) to reduce the numbers of answers.

End hung applications faster site:iobit.com

Adding the member name to the search would help also

End hung applications faster CrazyTim site:iobit.com

By the way, this was the only relevant thread I found. System Optimization Question

All the best, woz of oz

Thx Woz and Sol,

It was just a change in the value from 200000 to 0 in the registry that ASC wanted to make the 2nd time I ran it, with my not having told ASC to not allow that change the 1st time. I don't KNOW that it was suggested the 1st time or not, but I found it funny that it was there the 2nd -- as if ASC found something ELSE it wanted to change. I, therefore, was guessing that the suggestion was made the 1st time, and it was changed, but for some reason the change didn't stick. So, I was trying to look into this whole thing further to see what was going on and figured it might have been addressed on this forum somewhere before.

Thx!

Tim

Archived