IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

problem with important update

jollygrunt

I keep getting a pop up from asc5 pro stating that there is an important update available which is about 512k in size. Whenever I try to download it it says that it was unable to download and to try again later. It is set to download updates automatically, but it doesn't appear that it is even downloading this one.

According to the about menu, the currently installed version is: 5.1.0.196.

Do I already have the newest version installed? Why does it keep saying there's an important update available?

Thank you.

EDIT: You have the latest version, but it is an internal update, so the important update should be done.

Hi jollygrunt! Welcome to Iobit forums!

It sounds like you have a bad install of ASC. Please try this first...use the guidelines here and here to obtain a clean install of ASC.

Please post back as to whether or not this solves your problem!

[Edit: I mean that after a clean install are you able to install the update?]

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. Also check your connectivity using this.

I followed your instruction to perform a clean install, but even after doing so, it says that an update is available and still fails to download it.

it says that it is currently 5.10.196.

is this the current version or is there a newer one available?

thanks.

Archived