IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deleting World of Warcraft from my PC

thewickedtruth

Help me!!!

I have two PCs that my husband and I play WOW on, and yesterday I purchased Iobit ASC5, and upgraded on both PCs.

We played WOW last night after updating Iobit. Now today both of our WOW programs are COMPLETELY gone from BOTH PCs. What the heck happened? This makes no sense. This is NOT just the icons and shortcuts. The program is GONE, not in the recycle bin but gone. The only items that were left were 3 .txt docs, the manual and the Uninstall executable.

This is very disappointing. I enjoyed using the free version of Iobit and thought I would take advantage of the great Vday deal...but I am seriously reconsidering that decision at this point.

Which programs in ASC did you run?

If it was the 'Cloned file delete' utility in 'Toolbox', it may have deleted needed files.

That is a very dangerious program, if you are not careful which files you let it delete.

Only activate the ulilities you need and only the ones that you understand what they do.

The problem for me is determining What is 'Typical' ???

There are too many Varibles.

You may be using a new or very old version of some programs that has not been tested by IObit programmers,

or there may be multiple copies or versions on your computer that confuses the ASC utilities.

And many other posible conflects related your OS version, such as lack of service-pack updates, etc.

Each user needs to determine which utilities are safe to run on their computer.

Sorry, but that's the best advice I can give.

I ran the Deep Clean Scan and Repair and left the settings as they were once installed. After the Deep Clean the program was fine, it was after we rebooted that the program was completely deleted. Which processes should be used for a typical gaming household?

Reinstall Warcraft , and next time be careful what are you doing ;-)

Check every item before deleting :mrgreen:

All the best , Cheers. 8-)

Hi thewickedtruth,

So sorry to hear that you encunter troubles with Advanced SystemCare.

In theory, ASC won't delet the useful things in the PC, please help us look into it.

Please send us the Log folder and Backup folder under the profile folder so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Note: Please do not find the Log folder and Backup folder under the installation directory of ASC.

Interesting that this should have happened, I have WoW on my system and it has never been a problem for me.

I feel your pain thought, WoW is a very large install and if you use addons it can take a considerable amount of time to reinstall and set the game up to your liking. I've always kept a current backup on a external USB drive for re-instillation of the game as Wow needs no registry settings to Run.

Archived