IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cannot deactivate Gaming Mode

Hi there,

I have GameBooster 3.3. I use it to run SWtoR, and have had difficulty with running the game through the GameBox interface. This isn't much of a problem, as I can simply manually switch to gaming mode, and then launch the program.

The 3.3 version, however, disables more than the 3.2 version, including all desktop icons and the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.

As such, after I've finished playing the game, I exit to a blank screen, with no way to turn off GameMode.

I have a workaround (re-logging brings everything back up), but it is less than ideal.

Can anyone suggest a solution? What am I disabling that strips my desktop?

Thanks in advance :)

Got it

I found that it was disabling explorer.exe that caused my desktop to streamline itself. Just disabling that deactivation (double negative?) solved my problem.

I was confused, as in version 3.2 I also had explorer.exe set to disable, but after looking around the forums it appears that it wasn't actually doing anything.

Anyway, solved now :)

Archived