IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Writing of Thai characters

solbjerg

Hi

I wondered how many could write this character

ื่

Using this character Mo Ma Alt+3617 / Hex E21

and this Sara Uee Alt+3639 / Hex E37

and this Mai Ek Alt+3656 / Hex E48

It is a Thai character, but I have heard that some cannot see the Mai Ek in the third position, and wondered what OS - if it was Windows or Mac computers they had and what regional settings was activated (if Thai was activated).

Thanks for any response

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. You may have to use Word to test it - I haven't yet checked that :-?

p.p.s. Using the alternative input method described in another post it is possible to write the characters even in Notepad.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11202

Hi

In Thai the tone signs are very important, they can totally change the meaning of a word.

We have it to a small extent in all languages, that the tone/inflexion can convey a meaning too, but it is much more important in Thai.

Angsana New does show the signs, so does Arial Unicode and Microsoft Sans Serif and Tahoma, but Bitstream Cyberbit loses the Mai Ek and in Code 2000 Mai Ek becomes attached to Sara Uee so that one cannot decide if it is there 100%.

Perhaps the Mac computers are more susceptible to showing fonts in another way than Windows are, for example if they do not automatically expand the space between the lines.

Does anyone know?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

I wondered how many could write this character

ื่

Using this character Mo Ma Alt+3617 / Hex E21

and this Sara Uee Alt+3639 / Hex E37

and this Mai Ek Alt+3656 / Hex E48

It is a Thai character, but I have heard that some cannot see the Mai Ek in the third position, and wondered what OS - if it was Windows or Mac computers they had and what regional settings was activated (if Thai was activated).

Thanks for any response

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. You may have to use Word to test it - I haven't yet checked that :-?

p.p.s. Using the alternative input method described in another post it is possible to write the characters even in Notepad.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11202

Archived