IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 5 is stuck! cannot delete, cannot open!

lwr

everytime i try to open the application it won't show, and it'll use all my processor speed up. this just started yesterday from some reason and i don't know what to do. i just uninstalled it from deleting everything in ASC folder and re-installed it, but that didn't work! how do i fix this? and also, at the installation screen, it will stop at that part too and won't come up.

Hi lwr

Please check if your antivirus program blocks ASC.

If it does try white listing it.

Please read about how to do a clean install. (links in my signature)

Remember to stop all automatic functions of the program first and then check the ASC folders for leftovers in all locations i.e. programs/Iobit and in Documents& Settings.

From where did you download the install file for ASC?

Cheers

solbjerg

everytime i try to open the application it won't show, and it'll use all my processor speed up. this just started yesterday from some reason and i don't know what to do. i just uninstalled it from deleting everything in ASC folder and re-installed it, but that didn't work! how do i fix this? and also, at the installation screen, it will stop at that part too and won't come up.

Hi lwr

Please check if your antivirus program blocks ASC.

If it does try white listing it.

Please read about how to do a clean install. (links in my signature)

Remember to stop all automatic functions of the program first and then check the ASC folders for leftovers in all locations i.e. programs/Iobit and in Documents& Settings.

From where did you download the install file for ASC?

Cheers

solbjerg

i have already tried the "clean install" method, is there anyway to clean it from the registry? i tried looking for Iobit in my registry but couldn't find a trace

*Update* i just tried to use a older version of ASC and its having the same problem, it seems its something on my computer thats not allowing it to open. anyone have any ideas to what the problem is?

Hi lwr

You say that you deleted everything in the folder? I quote: "i just uninstalled it from deleting everything in ASC folder"

That doesn't sound like a proper uninstall.

Please describe precisely what you have done step by step - because I am not sure I understand you.

What antivirus do you have?

Do you experience other trouble in your computer?

Did you read Usage of IObit Products?

Cheers

solbjerg

i have already tried the "clean install" method, is there anyway to clean it from the registry? i tried looking for Iobit in my registry but couldn't find a trace

*Update* i just tried to use a older version of ASC and its having the same problem, it seems its something on my computer thats not allowing it to open. anyone have any ideas to what the problem is?

Hi lwr

You say that you deleted everything in the folder? I quote: "i just uninstalled it from deleting everything in ASC folder"

That doesn't sound like a proper uninstall.

Please describe precisely what you have done step by step - because I am not sure I understand you.

What antivirus do you have?

Do you experience other trouble in your computer?

Did you read Usage of IObit Products?

Cheers

solbjerg

well that was the only way i could uninstall it because when it gets to the uninstall application, it stays there in my task bar and won't come up. i have Norton antivirus 2012. i do not have any other problems with my computer except for the ASC. And yes i read some of the "Usage of IObit Products"

as for the steps: when i click on the ASC.exe it will show like its about to come up but won't, so i have to go into task manager to find it and close it. after many attempts of trying to get it to work i try to use a older version of ASC, and the same thing occurred. so i don't know what to do atm and worried that my subscription is using up its time :cry:

Hi lwr,

Sorry to hear that you encounter troubles with Advanced SystemCare, please kindly help us look into it.

Please kindly help us confirm the 2 following points:

1) From the first post, you said that at the installation screen, it will stop at that part too and won't come up. Do you mean you even can not install ASC?

2) In post #8, you said that it stays there in the task bar and won't come up. Do you mean the icon of ASC will appear after you click on the ASC.exe?

Here is the guide for uninstall, it can help you clean-install ASC.

1) Close and exit your current version. Check the icon in system tray, right-click it and choose "Exit".

2) Uninstall ASC. (Start>Programs>Advanced SystemCare5>Uninstall Advanced SystemCare)

3) Delete all Advanced SystemCare5 installation files and directories

Usual path: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5

%appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

4) Reboot your computer and download the latest version and install it from link below.

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?part=dl-6271865&subj=dl&tag=button

Note: We recommend you temporarily disable all the security and firewall programs before you clean-install ASC.

Please let us know whether it works, it not, please feel free to contact us, we will further look into this issue.

Thanks for your support to IObit.

Hi lwr,

Sorry to hear that you encounter troubles with Advanced SystemCare, please kindly help us look into it.

Please kindly help us confirm the 2 following points:

1) From the first post, you said that at the installation screen, it will stop at that part too and won't come up. Do you mean you even can not install ASC?

2) In post #8, you said that it stays there in the task bar and won't come up. Do you mean the icon of ASC will appear after you click on the ASC.exe?

Here is the guide for uninstall, it can help you clean-install ASC.

1) Close and exit your current version. Check the icon in system tray, right-click it and choose "Exit".

2) Uninstall ASC. (Start>Programs>Advanced SystemCare5>Uninstall Advanced SystemCare)

3) Delete all Advanced SystemCare5 installation files and directories

Usual path: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5

%appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

4) Reboot your computer and download the latest version and install it from link below.

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?part=dl-6271865&subj=dl&tag=button

Note: We recommend you temporarily disable all the security and firewall programs before you clean-install ASC.

Please let us know whether it works, it not, please feel free to contact us, we will further look into this issue.

Thanks for your support to IObit.

1: I can install it but when its done.... the setup application will be stuck in the task bar

2: yes

the guide was no help to me except the part that says look in your appdata and delete the the folder

Archived