IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

asc 5.2.0.223 final

last thursday majorgeeks released ASC 5.2.0.223 downloaded and ran ok and showed correct version number.

Now today majorgeeks is showing the same version for release again this time marked final.

is it just a repeat or has it been updated in some way but kept its version number?

http://majorgeeks.com/Advanced_SystemCare_Free_5.2.0.223_Final_d5927.html

Hi sunny, it seems that they are exactly same size at 31040 KB. Only difference being the name of the setup file.

The name has been changed from asc-setup.exe to asc-setup-aff.exe, as aresult, the creation dates are 5 days apart too.

My opinion is that it is a repeat, as the former one had the word Final on the MajorGeeks' download page too.

I didn't want to install the new one for noting. :razz:

Anyway, I will change the name of the setup file in Advanced SystemCare 5.2 (5.2.0.223) is Released!!! [build 222 is updated to 223] thread.

Cheers. :-D

I am a paid user of ASC Pro and when I manually check for updates I am told that I already have the latest version but I read here that there is a NEWER version. Why do I get the message that I have the latest version?

thank you.

Does the ASC 52 address the problems with Deep Scan doing damage to the files.:smile:

@ jimbow86,

Please see the posts in Advanced SystemCare 5.2 (5.2.0.223) is Released!!! [build 222 is updated to 223] thread.

I am a paid user of ASC Pro and when I manually check for updates I am told that I already have the latest version but I read here that there is a NEWER version. Why do I get the message that I have the latest version?

thank you.

@ moiaussi,

ASC 5.2 .0.223 is a very recent major update, so setup file is to be downloaded and installed.

IObit waits for if there are small glitches to be solved before making the notice available in ASC.

fx. ASC 5.2.0222 is released and after a day or two ASC 5.2.0.223 is released with larger change log. See the thread linked above.

ASC, from time to time not only updates definitions but other files in the main folder, even the main executable ASC.exe.

So, whenever there is an update available through the update of ASC, it is advisable to update through there.

the update function within the program i think only upgrades the security definitions which are used during scanning. program updates are a fresh download,but they can be installed over an earlier program.

perhaps ASC6 beta may have this functon.

@ sunny staines.

FYI, ASC, automatically or manually also updates other files in the main folder, sometimes even the main executable ASC.exe. So it is not only security definitions. You can see the updated files in UpdateHistory.txt file in the main folder of ASC.

The update behaviour of ASC depends to the changes made to the files.

I don't expect ASC 6 to behave differently than ASC 5 on updating.

Cheers.

Archived