IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced System Care and Norton Internet Security 2012

Neal

I've had Norton running quite happily on my computer for nearly a year. I then last month bought Advanced System Care Pro. For some reason now, I've had to reinstall NIS2012 twice since using ASC Pro as NIS2012 is being removed in some way and bringing up an error. I notice when my Norton Safe Web bar shows as grey with a red X on my settings/options and my NIS icon doesn't load bottom right in running programs. Trying to open Norton brings up an error and initiates a repair process which fails meaning you have to download the uninstall and re-install tool from Norton.

Is there a way to stop ASC Pro from removing or messing with NIS2012?

I failed to record the last error number but i'm sure it will happen again :roll: I will note the error number but ASC Pro appears to remove some settings/files that NIS2012 uses.

Hi Neal

Perhaps check your privacy settings and make sure that your antivirus isn't cleaned there or any other places.

Cheers

solbjerg.

I've had Norton running quite happily on my computer for nearly a year. I then last month bought Advanced System Care Pro. For some reason now, I've had to reinstall NIS2012 twice since using ASC Pro as NIS2012 is being removed in some way and bringing up an error. I notice when my Norton Safe Web bar shows as grey with a red X on my settings/options and my NIS icon doesn't load bottom right in running programs. Trying to open Norton brings up an error and initiates a repair process which fails meaning you have to download the uninstall and re-install tool from Norton.

Is there a way to stop ASC Pro from removing or messing with NIS2012?

I failed to record the last error number but i'm sure it will happen again :roll: I will note the error number but ASC Pro appears to remove some settings/files that NIS2012 uses.

Archived