IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Upgrade Version 6.0 to 6.10 Difficulties!

I have been attempting to upgrade from SD 6.0 to 6.10 with no luck. There is no problem with the download itself; only that the installation freezes just prior to the end with a message saying that "an error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: Delete file failed: Code 5. Access denied." I tried several times with the "Retry" button to no avail and when the "Ignore" button is pushed, the installation seems to revert back to SD Version 6.0. In going to the Search section of my PC, I find that there is an SD Version 6.0 remaining on my system from the previous installation. My attempts in trying to delete this old installation from "Search Results" brings up an error message stating that "access is Denied - Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use." I have also gone to the "Add or Remove" programs section of my PC and find no evidence that SD Version 6.0 is still installed. - - Any suggestions as to what to try next would be appreciated.

Hello elbojon

You probably had the defragmenter running in the background.

Good idea to close down running programs before installation!

Did you get a message that said that version 6.0 was succesfully uninstalled? If so then your attempt to delete the leftovers is twarted because you have something open when trying to delete, probably in the taskbar, close down ISD there and make a new clean install of 6.10.

Good luck

solbjerg

I have been attempting to upgrade from SD 6.0 to 6.10 with no luck. There is no problem with the download itself; only that the installation freezes just prior to the end with a message saying that "an error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: Delete file failed: Code 5. Access denied." I tried several times with the "Retry" button to no avail and when the "Ignore" button is pushed, the installation seems to revert back to SD Version 6.0. In going to the Search section of my PC, I find that there is an SD Version 6.0 remaining on my system from the previous installation. My attempts in trying to delete this old installation from "Search Results" brings up an error message stating that "access is Denied - Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use." I have also gone to the "Add or Remove" programs section of my PC and find no evidence that SD Version 6.0 is still installed. - - Any suggestions as to what to try next would be appreciated.

Upgrade Version 6.0 to 6.10 difficulties!

Thank you so much Solbjerg for your help in regards to this problem that I had with upgrading from Version 6.0 to Version 6.10. Although I had deleted everything that was apparent to me, I did neglect to look for the Smart Defrag icon in my tool bar. Sure enough, it was there and when I zapped it off, I was able to uninstall the remaining segments of Version 6.0 and was promptly able to replace it with Version 6.10.

elbojon

Roseville, CA

Hi elbojon

Nice to hear!

Thanks for your feedback!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you so much Solbjerg for your help in regards to this problem that I had with upgrading from Version 6.0 to Version 6.10. Although I had deleted everything that was apparent to me, I did neglect to look for the Smart Defrag icon in my tool bar. Sure enough, it was there and when I zapped it off, I was able to uninstall the remaining segments of Version 6.0 and was promptly able to replace it with Version 6.10.

elbojon

Roseville, CA

Archived