IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to safely UNinstall 5.0, thoroughly?

WriterJC

I would first locate the Folder-path, of where ASC-5 is installed, on hard-drive,

(and ASC-4, if part of it is still there)

then do an 'Uninstall' using the 'Programs and features' program in 'Control-panel',

then look at the folder-paths again and see if any files remain, at that location, related to ASC-5 or 4. If so, delete them.

Or you can 'Rename' the folder if you are not sure what the files are. That way you can change the name back to original name if you discover that you made a mistake and they are needed. I always add the word 'old' to end of folder or file names, when renaming, so it will be easy to change back if needed.

If you only have one version (ASC-5) installed, that should be enough,

but if you still have Both, part of the Old ASC-4 install and ASC-5 installed, you may need to uninstall Both versions before Reinstalling ASC-4 or 5, which ever you deside to keep.

Of course if it was me, I would do a 'clean install' of ASC-5.

(clean-install just means that all of the older versions and installs have been completely removed)

How to safely UNinstall 5.0, thoroughly

woz, thank you. Attempted to read the links you provided; however, Explorer still gives the 'we can't load' error message, nor will it allow me to click the 'search for the problem' button. (Another 15 minutes of no luck getting Explorer to do anything, again.)

Will do the profile thing though ... soon as I find where it is : )

Gratefully,

JC

Clean Uninstall & Install procedure is explained in the thread USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS

See This Post for details.

Screenshots are in This Post

All the best, woz of oz

How to safely UNinstall 5.0, thoroughly

Does the "IObit Uninstaller" mean that it isn't necessary to find any files or paths (per Tppack's advice) for either ASC 4 or 5 for a complete and clean uninstall?

With fingers crossed,

JC

# 1 free product in it's category according to Majorgeeks, stand alone IObit Uninstaller downloadable from IObit Uninstaller v2.1 is released! thread can be the right tool for a clean uninstall pointed out by wozofoz.

Cheers.

Hopefully yes WriterJC (Cross your fingers anyway.:wink:), but I would at least check the existance of Advanced SystemCare X (4,5) folders in the following probable locations for XP in your case after uninstall, such as:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\IObit

and

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IObit

and certainly,

C:\Program Files\IObit

They would be the following folders in 7 and Vista:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit

and

C:\Users\All Users\IObit

and

C:\ProgramData\IObit

and

C:\Program Files\IObit

When Powerful Scan is finished, you can check if the files/folders in the above mentioned locations are included for deletion.

Please note that you have to have your files/folders chosen as unhidden in Folder Options to see some of those folders and files in Windows Explorer.

Cheers.

Archived