IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AutoCare not working

BestRip

I have 3 (or 5?) Pro licenses.

On one of the machines (one I don't use so much) autocare shows up often while the machine is on. Cleaning and taking CARE.

On my main machine I never see autocare at work despite all settings are on. I have been over all the settings several times but no change. It is also evident that no deep care is made by schedule and last deep care was run about a month ago. PC health said "good" but after a deep care run security problems fixed were 24, Optimizations performed were 376 and 11,93 MB junkfiles cleanded. 2012-03-23 was the last Quick care.

How can ASC report PChealth "good" when there are so much unhandled in the machine?

What is happening?

It took about 24 hours for it to start the first autocleaning cycle. This was about 15 minutes ago. Just now a second cycle started and completed with 5 problems handled and a few Mb's cleaned. From never to too often? Well it appears to be working anyway, but when I try to find any records of the clean-up it appears that the only recorded clean-ups are the manually started ones?

I LOVE the work that this program does on my PC...

I just wonder why MS has left all this junk in the OS. How can the people who has written the OS and know every part of it so well suddenly be incompetent enugh to make the OS gradually deteriorate like it does without ASC, or is it skilled enough?

Hi BestRip

What were your settings - did you have it set to start a 5% fragmentation?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9733&stc=1&d=1334075698

I only use the automatic defrag to check how it works.

So this picture shows when I have tried that function.

But it does tell you a what date and how many fragments it found at each automatic defragment.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Personally I think that a monthly chkdsk is a good habit and likewise a sfc /scannow once every ½ year - possibly once a year to keep Windows refreshed. :-)

It took about 24 hours for it to start the first autocleaning cycle. This was about 15 minutes ago. Just now a second cycle started and completed with 5 problems handled and a few Mb's cleaned. From never to too often? Well it appears to be working anyway, but when I try to find any records of the clean-up it appears that the only recorded clean-ups are the manually started ones?

I LOVE the work that this program does on my PC...

I just wonder why MS has left all this junk in the OS. How can the people who has written the OS and know every part of it so well suddenly be incompetent enugh to make the OS gradually deteriorate like it does without ASC, or is it skilled enough?

Hi solbjerg!

I don't use the defrag utility at all since my harddrive is an SSD and it is recommended not to use defrag on them. I use the settings option not to defrag SSD.

Is there anywhere to find the date and other records of the AutoCare actions taken by ASC?

Does AutoCare ever run DeepCare if needed? Or is it QuickCare or only a few selected items?

What triggers AutoCare to start?

Thank you all who work with ASC for a GREAT product!

:grin:

Hi BestRip,

Please check if you have the auto scan log(s) @:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V5\Log

folder.

You have to have your Files/Folders not hidden to see the location.

AutoCare does not run DeepCare, but runs QuickCare with the options you choose in Settings=>Automatic Service=>AutoCare=>Action=>Select the objects you want to repair:

It is triggered by time, junk files, and usage of the PC when your PC is idle or when scheduled for a specific time.

Cheers.

Archived