IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Firefox runs slow after installing ASC 5.2.... Has anyone found a fix? [FIXED]

newuser_36

After installing ASC 5.0 Free ver. I clicked on Internet Booster and Optimize All. I found out quickly like many others have that it slowed down Firefox and sometimes wouldn't even load the page without refreshing or getting out of the page and coming back into the webpage. I checked in this forum and tried some of the fixes such as, going back into ASC and clicked on the "restore" button, downloading unzipping and installing the software call rtl120.zip, and restore my system to a date prior to installing ASC, but nothing seems to work. I finally tried installing the updated version of ASC (ASC 5.2) and still haven't had any luck. I thought it may be a virus, but I ran my McAfee with updates and didn't find anything. The reason I know it's ASC is that Internet Explorer works fine. Does anyone have any other ideas, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sarakael, thanks for your quick response. This problem has been driving me crazy. I'm not sure which specs you require, so please let me know if you need any other information.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Firefox 11.0, Dell 8300 XPS, Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz.

I ran HijackThis and attached the log as well as a message it gave me after I hit scan. Thanks again for all your help.

Sarakael: 8-):

It works, it works, it really works!! I saved my bookmarks, but forgot to save the files key3.db and signons.sqlite for my passwords. No big deal, I'm just glad I'm back up to speed with Firefox.

Thank you so much for your help, it's greatly appreciated, and I can stop pounding my head against the computer.

Thanks again,

newuser_36 :mrgreen: and :-D

• 1 month later...

Archived