IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Protected folder BSOD HELP

RADU273

I am using Protected Folder 1.1.For some time i experienced BSOD's.Here is the log:

On Wed 4/18/2012 5:34:55 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041812-17565-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: pffilter.sys (pffilter+0x22AB)

Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE8, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFF82C941E4, 0x0)

Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

file path: a:\Program Files\IObit\Protected Folder\pffilter.sys

product: Protected Folder

company: IObit Information Technology

description: Protected Folder filter driver

Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: pffilter.sys (Protected Folder filter driver, IObit Information Technology).

Google query: pffilter.sys IObit Information Technology PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Please Help :(

• 7 months later...
I sent the mail 12/14 (Friday), but I forgot to label it "to the attention of Cicely".

Hi bsfinkel;87846... welcome here.:wink:

Resend it ... "attention Cicely"

Cicely will probably see it anyway... but go ahead and resend it including the "Attn"

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived