IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Less services and more features

I hope the developers could come up to a plan to decrease the the count (mine is 4) of services/processes the software is using. I also would like to request additional security features such as browser protection (site suggestions, phishing filter etc.) and sort of firewall application. As a Dell employee for a decade and a manager of a remote computer repair company based in California I used to encounter consumers searching for the "TOTAL" package not only for computer/personal security and stress-free maintenance software but also a program that will not require the hassle of upgrading resources (such as ram) to be compatible with the application's requirements regardless of the price. I am looking forward to have a software suite like Norton Internet Security integrated with IObit Advanced SystemCare in one (to be simple and direct).

Some other features I look forward to see included with your program:

1. Monthly overview report of jobs accomplished.

2. Anti-Spam for clients (MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird etc.)

3. Running application services can be easily terminated/ended manually.

4. Turbo Boost integrated with Game Booster. (Is it redundant to use both at the same time? just a clarification) (EDIT: Yes, the functions of both are the same.)

Will be posting more if I find anything interesting.

Good luck!

Hello poxyvuze,

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

I have forwarded all of them to our program manager. They surely will consider them seriously.

Should you have any other suggestion, please tell us. We will try our best to improve our programs.

Thanks again.:-P

Updates doesn't install automatically. It has come to my attention that I have to click the "Update Now" button to update the database even though AutoUpdate has already been set to automatic. It would be better if the application contacts the updates server on a given time like for example it will check updates every 10 minutes, 1 hour or so.

Thanks!

More Feedbacks to Follow Soon.

Thanks for the reply,

Well if indeed what you have stated is true. I would also like to know if there will be also limitations in terms of critical updates (not the regular updates). If the developers are really concerned about customer security and product integrity will the 1 hour limitation be lifted in some special cases?

:???:

Cheers!

poxyvuze, I have gathered this info from AutoUpdate.log file, so it should be true. ;-)

I am quite positive that special cases will be dealt specially and there may be an override mechanism for 1 hour limitation, but we need an answer by someone from IObit for your question about it.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Follow Up

- If the developers considered adding boot-time defrag integrated with Smart Defrag, how about boot-time scan most especially for rootkit detection and removal.

- Since this is a maintenance and a PC optimizing software. How about considering the optimization of internet access like this program: http://www.asrock.com/feature/xfastlan/

- hosts file fix?

- and lastly, I have a program called ASROCK XfastRam, will it be a conflict with IObit's Smartram?

Cheers! :-D

@poxyvuze...

Mate,you can have all the Norton's you want! :-D

...as for me,I think it is a bloated and resource consuming software.Not for me anyway,and I have 8gigs of ram and Process Lasso Pro for processes management. :mrgreen:

-Cowboy

... Norton Internet Security integrated with IObit Advanced SystemCare in one (to be simple and direct).

@dv8cowboy

Thanks for the reply!

Since Norton is a "no-no" for you. Maybe you can benefit me and the other readers of the forum by suggesting alternatives with the said Symantec product. Since you are saying that it's a bloated and resource consuming software, I think you have already tried other programs as well. Anything you'd like to share? Like comparative enumeration of the softwares you have already tried.

Cheers!

@poxyvuse...

What Toppack said is good,I use Avast! Home Pro and have no worries with it.Some use Avira,since it has a smidgeon better detection rate...but here is an idea that I migtht try:

AdAware has just released an AV & Firewall Software, a 6gig download (fairly minimal size for both!),and is a well trusted brand in general malware prevention. It proactively stops you from going to known malware sites and prevents you from downloading know malware! Those and a lot more features are worth looking at! Go here for more information:

http://downloads.pcauthority.com.au/article/4032-lavasoft_ad-aware_free

Gives you some ideas! :-D

-Cowboy

@dv8cowboy

Thanks for the reply!

Since Norton is a "no-no" for you. Maybe you can benefit me and the other readers of the forum by suggesting alternatives with the said Symantec product. Since you are saying that it's a bloated and resource consuming software, I think you have already tried other programs as well. Anything you'd like to share? Like comparative enumeration of the softwares you have already tried.

Cheers!

@Toppack & dv8cowboy

Thanks for the quick replies.

I have already tried the programs both of you have suggested. I am still clinging to try the full version of ASCV when it has been released. Iobit might have some good things in store for us. Since we are still in what we call "beta-testing" I'll give IObit their time to improve and better ASCV. That's why we are here the "beta-testers". WE do the use, compare, evaluate and send feedback about the things the developers need to have attention to.

Cheers to both of you and congratulations to IObit for this promising software!

Will be posting again for any other feedbacks. Thanks! :-D

@poxyvuse...

Thank you mate,you beta testers are the foundation on which IObit Builds and does a wonderful job !! I love my ASC5.2.0.223 Pro and waiting for a future conbimation suite including AV Final...just keep the bloatware out of it and be very conscious of memory processes and management (even though I use Pro Lasso Pro lifetime license which is an excellent Process management Tool! :-D

-Cowboy

...Have a good arvo,from Oz!:mrgreen:

Thanks for the quick replies.

I have already tried the programs both of you have suggested. I am still clinging to try the full version of ASCV when it has been released. Iobit might have some good things in store for us. Since we are still in what we call "beta-testing" I'll give IObit their time to improve and better ASCV. That's why we are here the "beta-testers". WE do the use, compare, evaluate and send feedback about the things the developers need to have attention to.

Cheers to both of you and congratulations to IObit for this promising software!

Will be posting again for any other feedbacks. Thanks! :-D

• 2 weeks later...

@poxyvuze...

Well,I use Avast! Home Pro.It is light on resources and has some Malware functions as well.I also use a Firewall called privatefirewall which is simple,all inclusive and light on resources.I have WinPatrol Plus which is great at protecting system files,Pagefile and even has scripts from their main page that I installed that prevents anyone from disabling my FW or AV...along with some other security software that gives me an integrated layers of protection that hasn't failed me yet. :-)

Kind regards,

-Cowboy

@dv8cowboy

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

HI everyone.

I just updated to Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013 5.5.3.270. And it quit working. It's saying my license code is expired. I never used any license codes before since I was beta-testing the program. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

I agree with others on the need for the Anti Virus package to be extended in functionality. One very reassuring feature found in other suites, eg McAfee, Norton, Avast, is a rating for (most) web sites returned from a search. Also just a small item, an animated tray icon to show realtime protection is also reassuring, especially to users who are not too computer literate.

Cheers for now, keep up the good work.

Hi poxyvuze,

My understanding from the final ASC w A/V is that it will not let users to use the program if a valid license code is not entered. Beta versions can not be used any more.

In short, you have to have a valid license code to use ASC wA/V, otherwise you can revert back to ASC.

Cheers.

Archived