IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

This Site Has Two Trackers...

dv8cowboy

I am not sure where to post this so please move it where it might be better! :mrgreen:

This Site,the Forum...has two Trackers my Ghostery addon to FireFox 13beta says...Google Analytics and Google Custom Search Engine.

Is everyone aware of this? :shock:

I am blocking them as we speak,and wonder if the Site Admin has the ability to block them as well?..Or are they "good things" as far as the Admins are concerned? :-P

-Cowboy

I think almost every website I visit has Google Analytics, I searched and found this article Google Analytics Is Installed On More Than 10 Million Websites

Google Custom Search Engine would probably be associated with the Google Custom Search box the top right of the forum page and once again is on most websites I visit.

It is a sort of 'shortcut' to Google Advanced Search and lists results just for the website but the results page doesn't include the extra search tools like search within Time so I never use it for that reason, I usually like to restrict my search results to recent posts.

I'm not sure what you mean when you write "Site Admin" but I doubt that any of us volunteer Administrators here at the forum have any control over these (I know I don't)

All the best, woz of oz

@woz

Thank you woz! :-D

...I just didn't think this site had any Trackers,I don't use Google for that reason. I use http://www.startingpage.com as my priority search engine significantly excludes Trackers and almost ALL cookies. ;-)

-Cowboy

I think almost every website I visit has Google Analytics, I searched and found this article Google Analytics Is Installed On More Than 10 Million Websites

Google Custom Search Engine would probably be associated with the Google Custom Search box the top right of the forum page and once again is on most websites I visit.

It is a sort of 'shortcut' to Google Advanced Search and lists results just for the website but the results page doesn't include the extra search tools like search within Time so I never use it for that reason, I usually like to restrict my search results to recent posts.

I'm not sure what you mean when you write "Site Admin" but I doubt that any of us volunteer Administrators here at the forum have any control over these (I know I don't)

All the best, woz of oz

Hi cowboy

Yes it is a little sad that commercial interests and the human greed are making it harder to have access to free information on the internet.

It is a good thing that people in need of assistance may find a solution in our forum fx. when seaching for information about a problem.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you woz! :-D

...I just didn't think this site had any Trackers,I don't use Google for that reason. I use http://www.startingpage.com as my priority search engine significantly excludes Trackers and almost ALL cookies. ;-)

-Cowboy

The way I understand it is that Google is keeping Info on what users look at, while using their Search-engine.

Personally I see No harm it that,

since I realize the 'Age of Personal-Privacy' is Gone Forever. ;-) :lol:

@solbjerg...

I agree completely!...but I personally choose NOT to use Google and Assorted Trackers and cookies. I realize there are some out there that DO accept Google and the whole package that goes with it.Too bad that the search engines that do not set cookies cannot be used for the forum for the same reason. :?

-Cowboy

Hi cowboy

Yes it is a little sad that commercial interests and the human greed are making it harder to have access to free information on the internet.

It is a good thing that people in need of assistance may find a solution in our forum fx. when seaching for information about a problem.

Cheers

solbjerg

@Toppack

Heh,I am resisting that with all my strength.Here at least I can block the privacy invasive stuff! :smile:

-Cowboy

The way I understand it is that Google is keeping Info on what users look at, while using their Search-engine.

Personally I see No harm it that,

since I realize the 'Age of Personal-Privacy' is Gone Forever. ;-) :lol:

Archived