IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No SystemTray Icon for Smart Defrag under Vista

i use smart defrag on a bunch of computers and i have noticed that the systemtray icon only seems to appear on windowsxp. the service still runs under windows vista but the system tray icon does not load on system startup, so to access the program you have to go though the start menu every time.

i have had this problem on all my vista systems that run different versions of vista.

i would imagine this is a pretty easy thing to solve.

thanks

Richard

Smart Defrag 1.0 not showing up in Vista system tray!

Yes I am also having this same issue, I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, and the service is running in the background it just will not show in the system tray. I have 3 Vista systems and 1 XP and it shows up on XP but NONE of the VISTAS. So they have to look into this. Yes I am using the latest 1.0 version.

• 4 weeks later...

How to Add 10bitDefrag to Task Bar

I am in here because I also cannot find the way to add 10bit to the task bar. I know there is a way whether XP or VISTA. Mine is Vista Home Basic. Once I saw the icon leap onto the task bar but it has never done that again. I would think there is some way to add that option by a click somewhere, no?

hi oharatara (Gone with the wind - quick start, eh?)

Right click the taskbar and activate quick start in the toolbars, then drag a shortcut of smartdefrag into the quick start, (I prefer to lock the task bar),and that's it.

At least it is like that in XP, - no experience with vista, - but why would they change that?

When you install the program it usually asks if it should be in quick start too!

So maybe it is already there -but you haven't activated the quick start?

Cheers

solbjerg

I am in here because I also cannot find the way to add 10bit to the task bar. I know there is a way whether XP or VISTA. Mine is Vista Home Basic. Once I saw the icon leap onto the task bar but it has never done that again. I would think there is some way to add that option by a click somewhere, no?

• 2 months later...

Same misery here

Have the same prob on my ASUS notebook. Just had it formatted and just installed the iobit software first (I also have ASC V3, witch also sucks in deleting important registry values from your videocard and Citrix EBHOs); but the problem keeps persisting. So, besides the taskbar icon not showing up (although Iobit smartdefrag is running; you can check in taskmgr), the autodefrag thing doesn't work under vista. What's so difficult about this small program to have it run properly??

SO YES, I cannot believe this is taking them so long to release a debugged version... I suppose they have all gone for X-mas holidays :cry:

Have the same prob on my ASUS notebook. Just had it formatted and just installed the iobit software first (I also have ASC V3, witch also sucks in deleting important registry values from your videocard and Citrix EBHOs); but the problem keeps persisting. So, besides the taskbar icon not showing up (although Iobit smartdefrag is running; you can check in taskmgr), the autodefrag thing doesn't work under vista. What's so difficult about this small program to have it run properly??

SO YES, I cannot believe this is taking them so long to release a debugged version... I suppose they have all gone for X-mas holidays :cry:

well it works fine for me. im using vista. you sure you have your settings right? otherwise they should fix it soon .

Archived