IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can I trust Deep Scan and safely delete all errors?

aatse

I used Quick Scan for registry cleaning. Had hundreds of errors which I promptly deleted. I then used Deep Scan again... and discovered thousands of errors, mostly Active X and Deep Scan errors marked High Risk. Why? Quick Scan also showed some Active X errors which I already fixed. On examining the Deep Scan list of errors, there were programs that I have never visited since last Deep Scan (say, a week ago). For example, I have never touched my Windows AIK folder for months. Why the Deep Scan errors did not show up last time? Thousands of Deep Scan errors are scary... mostly I cannot tell what they are, some I can tell if I can recognize the program name. I just uninstalled Windows Starter, so there were some "left overs" and I can understand. Admittedly, I just used another registry cleaner to scan (but not fixed the problems). Can the other scanning operation leaves some registry behind on scanning? What puzzled me most is I do not seem to have used most of the programs generating the errors since last Deep Scan and why were they not detected last time? Can I trust the Deep Scan?

Archived