IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag Error Message

grdwire

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Have removed all remants of old versions of SmartDefrag2 and AdvancedCare 5 and installed the recent versions. AdvancedCare 5 works like before, but SmartDefrag2 gives error message when trying to open either from the SmartDefrag 2 Icon or the link from AdvanceCare 5. Clicking on continue will open defrag but will only run for a short while and hang. Have attached files of the error message and system info.

Thanks for your time and help in solving this problem.

Emailing_ System Information Report.txt

Error Message.doc

Hi grdwire

Please try opening SmartDefrag from the program folder by clicking the icon SmartDefrag.exe from there, in order to determine if it works from there.

If it does it must be some problem with the shortcuts, and a repair of the shortcuts should be able to fix that. Right click the shortcut and choose Properties and write the right location for SmartDefrag.exe in the box dedicated for this.

If it doesn't I can't think of anything else than trying a "Clean Install" (link to guide in my signature) at the moment. (Please read it all and follow it explicitly)

Cheers

solbjerg

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Have removed all remants of old versions of SmartDefrag2 and AdvancedCare 5 and installed the recent versions. AdvancedCare 5 works like before, but SmartDefrag2 gives error message when trying to open either from the SmartDefrag 2 Icon or the link from AdvanceCare 5. Clicking on continue will open defrag but will only run for a short while and hang. Have attached files of the error message and system info.

Thanks for your time and help in solving this problem.

Dear Solberg,

Complied with your email, but opening SmartDefrag2 either from the folder, icon, or AdvanceCare still gives the error message. Have an older machine

(800mhz) running XP and all is good. Compared the two machines files when I did a "defrag" search, and they seem identical, but the newer machine gives the error. Will look at Microsoft knowledge base to see if anything pops up.

That's where its stands Sir. Thanks again for your help.

I noticed in another thread by "jwall" that he is having the same issue. Title is

"Version 2.4 error", dated May 29, 2012.

Kindest regards,

Brad

Hi Brad

I want to be absolutely sure that we are talking about the same things.

You said that you had installed ASC 5 in its own folder, right?

What are your settings there?

SmartDefrag there is called SUO14 SmartDefrag.exe

And that you also had installed SmartDefrag in its own folder, right?

SmartDefrag in its folder is just called SmartDefrag.exe

What are your settings there?

What file does the shortcuts refer to?

Cheers

solbjerg

Dear Solberg,

Complied with your email, but opening SmartDefrag2 either from the folder, icon, or AdvanceCare still gives the error message. Have an older machine

(800mhz) running XP and all is good. Compared the two machines files when I did a "defrag" search, and they seem identical, but the newer machine gives the error. Will look at Microsoft knowledge base to see if anything pops up.

That's where its stands Sir. Thanks again for your help.

I noticed in another thread by "jwall" that he is having the same issue. Title is

"Version 2.4 error", dated May 29, 2012.

Kindest regards,

Brad

Mr. Solbjerg,

SD2 and ACS5 each are installed in their own respective folders.

In ASC5 folder and the SmartDefrag2 folder each have a file stored SUO14 SmartDefrag.exe

Microsoft didn't turn up anything about the exception error, but Google sure did. The problem with Google is the number of hits and trying to wade through all the info about the error message.

Did try a fix per this website:

http://pcbasicerror.blogspot.com/2009/09/exception-processing-message-c0000a3.html

the error never appeared again, it just masks the problem. Set the reg back to normal, error still returns.

Have attached zip files of the above mentioned folders.

Thanks

acs5.zip

Hi grdwire

To me it looks like you have attached the same file twice and called one of them SD and the other ASC when in fact they are both ASC?

SD is much smaller than ASC.

Cheers

solbjerg

Mr. Solbjerg,

SD2 and ACS5 each are installed in their own respective folders.

In ASC5 folder and the SmartDefrag2 folder each have a file stored SUO14 SmartDefrag.exe

Microsoft didn't turn up anything about the exception error, but Google sure did. The problem with Google is the number of hits and trying to wade through all the info about the error message.

Did try a fix per this website:

http://pcbasicerror.blogspot.com/2009/09/exception-processing-message-c0000a3.html

the error never appeared again, it just masks the problem. Set the reg back to normal, error still returns.

Have attached zip files of the above mentioned folders.

Thanks

Hi grdwire.

I agree with Solbjerg that this is confusing... especially since the error message you attached would have nothing to do with any Iobit softwares. It is an error message indicating Windows difficulty in managing drives of some sort I think. HD, USB, DVD/CD...

Your HD has 3 partitions?

Your machine is ancient... from your user profile:

OS + Computer Details:Windows xp

Kaspersky Anti virus

Iobit Advancedcare latest

Iobit SmartDefrag2 latest

512mb ram

28gb hard drive

Have you run a chkdsk (check disk) lately? Have you made any changes to your hardware recently?

This could be hardware related and only coincidental concerning the Iobit softwares.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Mr. Solbjerg and Mr.Deal,

Please acept my apology as you are correct about the same file. Have posted the correct file for SD2.

Yes the machine is old and does have 3 partitions as setup by Dell.

Have run chkdsk and is clean and no chgs to hardware or recent software chgs, except the Iobit updates for SD2 and ACS5.

The old version of SD2 ran fine (no error message), until I updated last week to the newer version.

Thanks gentlemen.

SD2.zip

Hi grdwire

Ok, the first thing that comes to mind is that your SmartDefrag hasn't got an .exe behind it.

Try renaming it to SmartDefrag.exe

The other thing is that I have several more files in my folder.

I'll attach a picture of it even though I skipped the folders to get room in the picture for the rest of the files.

This makes me think that the clean install you said you had done on SmartDefrag perhaps wasn't quite as clean as it ought to have been

You could try that again, unless the full stop before the exe does the trick.

:-)

Cheers

solbjerg

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10000&stc=1&d=1339015319

Mr. Solbjerg and Mr.Deal,

Please acept my apology as you are correct about the same file. Have posted the correct file for SD2.

Yes the machine is old and does have 3 partitions as setup by Dell.

Have run chkdsk and is clean and no chgs to hardware or recent software chgs, except the Iobit updates for SD2 and ACS5.

The old version of SD2 ran fine (no error message), until I updated last week to the newer version.

Thanks gentlemen.

Mr. Solbjerg,

Chg'd the file extension on SD2 to .exe which produced the following:

Opening SD2 from the folder icon or the program launch gave the exception error.

Opening SD2 from ACS5 gave the message "You have to install this tool at first. Click OK button to download it through the product page."

Removed the file extension .exe from SD2 and rec'd the message error at the folder icon, program icon, and ACS5 link launch.

Will remove all traces of Iobit using Bitremover, regedit, and control panel, reboot, and reinstall programs-maybe the fifth time will be a charm.

The download site is MajorGeeks and the number of files in the download remain consistent. Thanks

Brad

Mr. Solbjerg,

Deleted all programs and their remanants of Iobit from /C: and the registry.

Rebooted and did a install only of newer SD2, no other Iobit products, and low the error message appears.

Deleted SD2 and reinstalled SD2 Version3, no error message, and it works ok except I get the pop up for a newer version available. I'll live with it.

Have spent enough time with troubleshooting the bug, so will stick with SD2version 3 and when the license runs out on ACS5 do something different.

Thanks for your time and help on this trouble.

Archived