IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problems with ASC5 and AVG

Hi, I don't know if this the correct place to post my particular issue but I'm new here and need help after recently changing to ASC v5Pro and AVG 2012 free.

When I re-boot following every AVG update, Windows needs to check the disk and finds bad clusters in one of my design programmes that contain 13 GB of images and takes approx 4.5 hours to fix. Once this is complete I run a Deep Clean which sorts out the problem until the next AVG upgrade.

I also had to have remote assistance from Serif because I couldn't launch their graphics programme properly after installation of ASC/AVG. In the end they completely removed all trace of their programme so I could carry out a clean installation. Thankfully this has rectified the problem.

I previously used Norton and despite being intrusive and slow, it didn't cause the above issues.

I would really appreciate your assistance.

I couldn't launch their graphics programme properly after installation of ASC/AVG. In the end they completely removed all trace of their programme so I could carry out a clean installation. Thankfully this has rectified the problem.

You are confusing us! :shock:

AVG is a malware Security program, by AVG Technologies.

ASC-5 is a group of many computer maintenance utility programs, by Iobit.

Have you considered that you may have a Hard-drive that is Failing?

Have you run:

chkdsk /r

run-line utility lately?

I'm new to this, but I just want to know why I cannot get ASC5 Startup Manager to recognize AVG 2012 in the startup manager? It shows in MSCONFIG, but only AVG SECURE SEARCH will show in startup.

If you are referring to the 'Start-up manager' in the 'Tool-box' section of ASC,

then it will Not recognize Security programs, which are controled by the OS?

All good security programs have Lock-outs that prevent any Other program from making any changes to them or the way they operate.

I have found that all three of those, AVG, MSE and ASC-5, have No problem running together, at same time, with Windows-7 OS.

Hi Scorpio! Welcome to the Iobit forums!

Hi, I don't know if this the correct place to post my particular issue but I'm new here and need help after recently changing to ASC v5Pro and AVG 2012 free.

When I re-boot following every AVG update, Windows needs to check the disk and finds bad clusters in one of my design programmes that contain 13 GB of images and takes approx 4.5 hours to fix. Once this is complete I run a Deep Clean which sorts out the problem until the next AVG upgrade.

I also had to have remote assistance from Serif because I couldn't launch their graphics programme properly after installation of ASC/AVG. In the end they completely removed all trace of their programme so I could carry out a clean installation. Thankfully this has rectified the problem.

I previously used Norton and despite being intrusive and slow, it didn't cause the above issues.

I would really appreciate your assistance.

As Toppack says... your post is confusing.

AVG when it updates will only update its definition files. This will have nothing to do with ASC.

Symantec's Norton is indeed intrusive and somewhat ineffective.

I would highly suggest you back up those files ASAP!

You may indeed have a HD failure occurring as Toppack suggests!

Please run Piriform Speccy. It is free (the free version will do). Please run it and post the results (you can copy and paste). Speccy is safe... it will show us whats going on inside your machine.

You can find the proper norton/symantec removal tool here.

Have you run a chkdsk lately?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived