IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update Option

Xcom46

In the next version can we please get a tick checker for the auto updater to turn it on or off its kinda annoying that i have to make sure the the SD Does not load when windows starts.Be cause every time the window starts the SD updater thing pops up and there is no option to turn it off.

And can this be added to ASC 5 too please.

Smart Defrag settings

In the next version can we please get a tick checker for the auto updater to turn it on or off its kinda annoying that i have to make sure the the SD Does not load when windows starts.Be cause every time the window starts the SD updater thing pops up and there is no option to turn it off.

And can this be added to ASC 5 too please.

Hi Xcom46.

If you open Smartdefrag and click on the settings tab of the main GUI at the top right corner, you can stop Smartdefrag from loading at start-up. This will also stop the update notification until you launch Smartdefrag. At that time the update notification will appear. There is no way to stop the update notification when the program is launched. ASC can also be disabled at start up through the settings tab also in the top right of the main GUI.

I am curious as to why you don't install the newest version of Smartdefrag? If you install it, the notification pop-up will disappear until a newer version is again available. You will perhaps also find this thread useful for review.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9987&d=1338946172

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

The only thing i really have checked is the

Enable Smart Silent Technology While Defragmenting (Recommended) Option this is the only thing that is checked.

I am all so starting to think that the Auto update thing might be bugged in some way its the v2.3 version i don't think i had this problem with the v2.2

Is there away to configure this in the Windows Xp Registry.

Hi Xcom46,

1) Have you updated your Smart Derag to the latest version V2.4? If no, please update it and to see whether you can still see the update note.

2) If it still doesn't work, please help us check whether you installed Smart Defrag V1 in the past?

Thanks in advance!:wink:

I have not used 1.0v

Well i did upgrade too the 2.4v and its not giving me that annoying upgrade.

But is there any chance that the Upgrade have a off and on option please be cause that can get really annoying after awhile.

Archived